Software Development Engineer - AWS Networking
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Software Development Engineer - AWS NetworkingAmazon's network is a key differentiator for Amazon Cloud Computing and Web Services (AWS), enabling the global operation of thousands of applications across millions of servers worldwide. The AWS Networking team develops and operates the network platform for all of Amazon including our e-commerce products and cloud computing solutions. This platform is industry-leading for its efficiency, throughput and reliability, and it is critical to the success of hundreds of thousands of AWS customers.
We are currently looking for a senior software development engineer to help us deliver the future of software-driven traffic engineering at the core of our global network. This role may be for you if you are passionate about software systems that transform the way networks are built, controlled and operated. You build high quality, highly available, always-on services. You are happiest when you are working with empowered, world-class leaders and engineers to solve fundamental challenges in planet-scale networks. Finally, with your curiosity and strong ownership bias, you have an infectious desire to continually improve how things are done.
Come join us and…
• Do what nobody else in the world is doing… literally
• Gain world class knowledge and expertise on the inner workings of the Internet and how Amazon interfaces with it
• Define and design the next generation of Amazon's Software Defined Network
• Create, enhance, and run scalable autonomous controller services that observe the state of the network, make active decisions to optimize traffic based on programmable business logic
• Build massive real-time systems which inform and drive complex changes across the global network and Internet
• Collaborate with and learn from world leaders in networking and distributed systems
• Gain practical experience building incredible software using Amazon Web Services
• 5+ year of industry experience of designing and building large complex real-time distributed back-end systems.
• Demonstrated experience of building and operationalizing mission-critical services.
• Track record of continually raising team productivity and effectiveness by defining and driving software engineering best practices.
• Work with peer SDEs across organizations leading efforts to raise the IQ of our collective software architectures and ecosystem.
• Superior command of Computer Science fundamentals: data structures, algorithms, complexity analysis, object-oriented design, unit testing, and systems architecture.
• Significant experience with Java or C/C++/C# and Perl or Python development in a Linux environment using Test Driven Development.
• Deep knowledge of network switching and routing protocols.
• Work independently with customers, stakeholders and peers, and effectively balance their needs and requirements.
• Superior problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
• Track record of investing time in the development of others by actively mentoring and educating the larger SDE community on trends, technologies, and best practices.
• Advanced degree in Computer Science, mathematics, or other technical discipline.
• Experience with Software Defined Networking controllers, network performance measurement, and traffic analysis and optimization techniques.
• Experience with networking protocols, including but not limited to RSVP, MPLS, BGP, OSPF/ISIS, NetFlow, SNMP, and Traffic Engineering.
• Experience with open-source networking projects such as Quagga, Bird, ExaBGP, GoBGP, FRRouting. Experience of code contributions to these projects will be highly desirable.
• Familiarity or experience with Graph Algorithms, Graph Databases, Machine Learning - regression, classification, clustering & retrieval, recommender systems & dimensionality reduction, deep learning etc.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.