Software Development Engineer - AWS Redshift
Are you a "Find it, Fix it, Automate it, Never worry about it again" kind of engineer? Are you interested in building hyper-scale services in the cloud? Do you want to have a direct and immediate impact on hundreds of thousands of users who use AWS database services?
Amazon Redshift is a fast, fully managed, petabyte-scale data warehouse that makes it simple and cost-effective to analyse all your data using your existing business intelligence tools
As a Software Development Engineer with Amazon Redshift in Sydney, you will work on the Redshift cloud platform to improve the technologies that orchestrate and manage Redshift clusters globally. You will build out automation of critical operational functions that ensure thousands of servers across multiple data centres worldwide maintain lights on. You will own the design and development of significant and impactful automation projects to future proof our industry's leading database service for the cloud.
This is a hands-on position where you will be asked to do everything from building solutions from the ground up to mentoring other engineers. You will have an excellent track record of delivery projects, excelling in communication, and displaying leadership qualities with a strong customer focus.
This is a unique and rare opportunity to get in on the ground floor within a fast-growing business and help shape the technology, product and the business. A successful candidate will bring deep technical, networking and coding expertise with the ability to work within a fast moving, startup environment in a large company to deliver a broad business impact.
Come, join us in reinventing database systems for the cloud! Basic Qualifications
• 5+ years proficiency in 2 or more programming languages, preferably in Java and/Or Ruby.
• Passionate about learning new programming languages, frameworks and technologies.
• Familiar with scripting languages such as Shell Scripting, Bash, Python or other.
• Knowledge of various software technologies, methodologies and applied software engineering practices/standards such as OOD, OOP & Spring framework. Preferred Qualifications
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field or 5+ years relevant work experience.
• Fundamental knowledge of networking systems (DNS, TCP, UDP).
• Be highly innovative, flexible and self-directed.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
• Deep experience integrating software solutions, automating manual processes and/or building portals or internal tools.