Software Development Engineer - Network Availability
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Software Developer Engineer for the Network Availability Engineering team in Sydney. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network. We are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class Software Development Engineers for our Sydney engineering centre. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us to drive the stability and sustainability of our next-generation networks and to discover innovative ways to automate and scale our network as we expand globally.
The team today owns a platform which determines the health of our network and vends that information to core network automation systems, significantly lowering the ops burden for humans while improving the availability of the network. Software Development Engineers in this team will work hand-in-hand with Network Engineering and Network Operations teams to invent new ways of operating Amazon's Next-Generation Networks.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has experience working with large scale, enterprise class networks. They have the desire and ability to work closely with their peers and customers in a fast paced, collaborative environment. They will develop best practices and bring both a focus on operational best practice and proactive innovation to the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
• Lead software efforts, by assisting in designing new systems and collaborating with other teams to refine requirements
• Develop best in class software systems for automating Amazon's network
• Be part of the broader team that shapes the future automation of Amazon's Network
• Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes
• Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products
• Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc. Basic Qualifications
• 4+ years' experience in a large-scale software development environment.
• Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis.
• Proficient in Python.
• Track record of designing and building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers.
• Experience working in a Linux/Unix environment
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers Preferred Qualifications
• Knowledge of network hardware and packet forwarding architectures.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
• Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experienced in mentoring junior software engineers to improve their skills, and make them more effective, product software engineers
• Experience influencing software engineers best practices within your team
• Excellent analytical skills