Software Development Engineer - Network Core
Design and develop software at scale within the AWS network. As an organization we develop the software which manages Amazon's network devices globally. Our software is removing the need for human intervention, and performing millions of operations daily, across the globe.
As a developer in this diverse team you and your colleagues will work together to build systems that simulate, deploy and validate changes to Amazon network devices many times a day. Your systems will ensure safety of changes at "Amazon scale". You will dive deep into Amazon's network architecture and closely work with many teams to understand Amazon's network configuration and management. You will use this knowledge to develop our software to build solutions for one-of-a-kind requests with an energetic team in a collaborative environment.
We're looking for people who enjoy working with bespoke technology, are passionate about what they do and bring to the table a fresh perspective.
Here are some reasons you should come work with us.
• Work as part of a diverse team with some of the best minds in the industry, across the world!
• Handle the complete software development lifecycle: defining, prioritizing, designing, building, and testing.
• Have the opportunity of participating in the solution of novel problems not yet solved by the industry. Basic Qualifications
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field of study.
• 5+ years proficiency in 2 or more programming languages; including but not limited to Java, C, C++, Python or Go.
• Develops high quality code and comfortable with test driven development.
• Experienced with designing solutions.
• Familiar with scripting languages such as Shell or Bash or other.
• Experience in Agile methodologies like SCRUM or Kanban.
• Experienced with Software development for Linux/UNIX environments, its challenges and considerations.
• Passionate about learning new programming languages, frameworks, and technologies. Preferred Qualifications
• A solid understanding of networking protocols details is desired but not required.
• Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle; including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations.
• Experience with distributed computing and large-scale systems.
• Experience in communicating with users, technical teams, and senior management to collect requirements, describe software product features, technical designs, and product strategy.
• Experience in mentoring junior software engineers.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.