Software Development Manager - AWS Developer Tools
DESCRIPTION Do you want to build platforms and services that fundamentally improve test automation for your fellow software developers?
The AWS Test Automation Platform team is looking for a passionate Software Development Manager to transform the way our customers improve, write and execute test automation software. We develop frameworks and services that enable teams to improve the quality of their products through testing and feedback at every stage of the software lifecycle. We make best practices the path of least resistance, our tools are automated, intelligent and ubiquitous and wherever possible, we automatically perform actions on behalf of software engineers.
As a Software Development Manager in our Developer Tools space, you'll be empowered to take ownership of a broad range of responsibilities, such as:
• Directly hiring, retaining, and growing top management and engineering talent within your group.
• Being a clear technical voice, working in partnership with your teams to deliver an architecture which will scale with the needs of the AWS and Amazon business.
• Quickly and reliably delivering high quality technical solutions that will delight our customers.
• Working on business strategy to define a product roadmap that's compelling and focused on growth, while collaborating with product management teams across Amazon's businesses.
• Meeting with customers to learn and help them shape their own tooling story.
• Clearly communicating at the executive level risks, successes, and missteps as you define and execute on a vision for the product.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • 4+ years of experience managing software development teams and responsible for people management, team building and mentoring.
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field (or equivalent experience)
• Hands-on software development experience with large-scale Internet-facing systems
• Knowledge of full life-cycle software engineering practices including coding standards, testing, software configuration management, and operations
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
• Comfortable handling multiple challenging priorities in a dynamic environment
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Post-graduate degree in computer science or related field
• Demonstrated ability to take a project or significant feature from concept to launch
• Experience with software tooling, particularly large scale configuration management and deployment systems
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status