Software Development Manager - AWS Managed Services
Amazon.com has been rated one of the most admired companies in the US, #1 most innovative, and # 1 in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud".
As a member of the team building out a new AWS product, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies with interactions across the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are smart and passionate about cloud computing.
A new AWS Service development team is looking for a software development manager to manage the team of software development engineers who are building systems to interact with a wide variety of cloud technologies
We have a need for a Software Development Manager who can lead and build teams to deliver solutions that will delight our customers. This individual will have the responsibility to;
• Define and drive the multi-year vision for your team
• Drive project initiatives to deliver robust and scalable solutions toward this vision, incorporate in new technologies as appropriate.
• Build relationships with Development Managers, Engineers and Technical Project Managers across various AWS service teams such as EC2, S3, RDS, Redshift etc to influence product development to support or enhance products.
• Own, oversee, and delegate the design, architecture, development, testing, deployment, and delivery of large-scale global software applications, systems, platforms, services or technologies.
• Using Agile project management methodologies provide technical leadership and project management for all aspects of the software development lifecycle (SDLC) that leverage Object Oriented design (OOD), distributed programming and Java.
• Build, manage, and develop world-class engineers including hiring recommendations and guide and mentor engineers and project managers within and outside of the team.
• Build a team culture that values delivering customer value quickly, and iteratively
• Oversee resource allocation to ensure appropriate business and staff development goals are met.
• Participate in strategic planning to achieve technical and business with team, leadership chain, and with customers Basic Qualifications
• A minimum of 5 years of experience managing a team of software development professionals within a distributed systems environment.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field plus five years of progressively responsible experience in the specialty as equivalent Preferred Qualifications
• Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer or Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, or a related field
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Strong business and technical vision
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• A deep understanding of software development in a team, and a track record of shipping software with a focus on customer value
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role