Software Licensing and Compliance Manager
Software Licensing and Compliance Manager
About the Role
- Established business function with proven track record in managing complex contracts
- Centre of excellence for software licensing across the Group
Enterprise Services (ES) is responsible for the world leading application of technology and operations across every aspect of CommBank, from innovative product platforms for our customers to essential tools within our business. See yourself in our team
The IT Asset Management team sits within Service Operations in IT Delivery &Availability (ITD&A) and is responsible for driving the key processes underpinning software licensing with respect to usage and compliance. It acts as a centre of excellence for effective management of both hardware and software asset life cycles across the Group. This environment is large and complex presenting a number of exciting challenges to be involved in.
The IT Asset Management team will work collaboratively with all parties to ensure an optimal balance of effective and efficient service delivery is achieved.
We know it's about so much more than business success - at Commbank, we keep the customer at the centre of everything we do. Regardless of where you work within our organisation, your innovation, talent, ideas and energy all contribute to the impact that we can make with our work. Together we can achieve great things. Do work that matters:
You are a Manager in IT Asset Management in the Service operations team within ITD&A. You will have strong organisational, stakeholder and analytical skills and show a proven ability to identify issues and resolutions which work in a large and complex environment with conflicting priorities. Responsibilities:
What skills you will possess:
- Perform periodic reviews, compliance and health checks on software inventory and advice on optimising solutions to reduce software licensing cost.
- Interpret software contracts and configure the Bank's software asset management tool (Flexera) to reflect consumption and entitlement data.
- Ensure all Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) are fully documented as licensing metrics and data sources change throughout the contract life cycle
- Collaborate with Partner Management, and various ITD&A teams in ensuring optimal costs and favourable contracts as well as re-harvesting opportunities.
- Work closely with Finance teams as part of the end to end SAM process including budget allocation, and recharge methodology
- Oversight and continuous improvement to the IT Asset Management team and capability with focus on governance and policies.
What's in it for you?
- Experience working through full Software Asset Life cycle in a large enterprise environment.
- Hands on experience in software licensing, software contract management and interpretation of contracts. Previous experience handling Oracle contracts preferred.
- Previous experience with Flexera FNMS preferred
- Strong business, commercial, financial acumen and IT Operations awareness
- Demonstrable ability to connect with technical and non-technical teams to discuss and educate on the importance of license compliance
- Excellent interpersonal communication and people skills (e.g. presentation, assertiveness, initiative, discretion, confidence and good stakeholder management techniques)
Your Development and Career Progression:
- Flexible working programs
- An inclusive team culture that promotes collaboration and innovation
- Group health fund and award-winning super fund
- Amazing development and career progression program
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 31/05/2020