Solution Architect Data and Analytics Specialist
DESCRIPTION Are you a Big Data specialist? Do you have Data Streaming and/or Hadoop experience? Do you like to solve the most complex and high scale data challenges in the world today? Would you like a career that gives you opportunities to help Australia and New Zealand customers and partners use cloud computing to do big new things faster and at lower cost? Do you want to be part of history and transform Australia and New Zealand businesses through cloud computing adoption? Do you like to work on-site in a variety of business environments, leading teams through high impact projects that use the newest data analytic technologies? Would you like a career path that enables you to progress with the rapid adoption of cloud computing?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for highly skilled and motivated Data & Analytics Solution Architects to help accelerate the growth our customers need for their businesses in Australia and New Zealand. You would be part of a dynamic team bringing the latest in disruptive, cloud computing technologies to enable leaders that want to serve customers more effectively. You will have the opportunity to shape and deliver on a strategy to help customers better leverage AWS Data & Analytics platforms to meet their innovation agendas.
Amazon strives to be the most customer centric company on earth. The ideal candidate will ...
• Enjoy working with customers and partners. You will have a passion for educating, training, designing, and building Big Data & Analytics cloud computing systems for some of the largest and most important accounts to drive efficiencies and increase innovation.
• You will enjoy keeping your existing technical skills and developing new ones enabling you to lead deep Big Data & Analytics architecture discussions.
• You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, learn the deep details of AWS systems, and generally do what it takes to achieve technical success for customers on the AWS platform.
• You will develop and run technical workshops, prove our technology through mechanisms like demonstrations, proof-of-concept projects.
• As the right candidate, you will love what you do, and instinctively know how to make work fun. You will be dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge.
• Collaborate with AWS field sales, Solution Architects, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and understand the capabilities and value of AWS Big Data and Analytics services such as AWS Glue, Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Athena & Amazon Kinesis, in addition to other offerings that form the Data & Analytics ecosystem.
• Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and designing relevant data solutions.
• Push the envelope - Cloud computing is reducing the historical "IT constraint" on businesses. Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through Data / Business Intelligence cloud computing.
• Build the Community - Develop and cultivate a community of Big Data & Analytics experts, sharing ideas and best practices. Coordinate efforts around IP development, evangelism and thought-leadership events relating to Big Data & Analytics.
• Provide thought leadership to Data & Analytics experts both externally through events like AWS Summit Series and User-Groups.
• Work with AWS engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world implementation challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from use of AWS cloud services.
The candidate will possess both technical and customer-facing skills that will allow them to be a "trusted advisor" to customers. He or she will be able to facilitate relationships with senior personnel, as well as easily interact and give guidance to database experts, software developers, IT pros, and system architects.
The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. If you are someone who enjoys innovating, likes solving hard problems and working on cutting edge technology, we would love to have you on the team.
This role is Sydney based and covers the A/NZ region and regular travel will be required.
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Deep understanding of Apache Hadoop and the Hadoop ecosystem.
• Experience with tools such as Spark, Kafka, Hive.
• Familiarity with SQL-on-Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Impala, Spark SQL, and/or Presto.
• Current hands-on implementation experience required, possessing 5 or more years of IT platform implementation experience.
• Experience in a consultative technical sales or professional services with a proven track record of success.
• Ability to gain credibility and build relationships with all levels in an organisation, from technical experts to senior executives.
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
• Track record of thought leadership and innovation around Big Data.
• Solid understanding of Cloud Computing Technologies and related emerging technology Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to lead effectively across internal and external organisations and virtual teams.
• A talent for being able to influence and build mindshare convincingly with any audience. Confident and experienced in public speaking to large audiences.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • Experience operating on agile cross-functional teams
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort with both large and small audiences
• BS degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Math background preferred.
• Hands on experience leading large-scale global big data / analytics projects.
• Familiar with AWS Services. Experience designing and implementing AWS solutions in business environments such as large enterprises and start-ups.
• AWS Certifications, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Professional desirable.