- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- FIS Global
- 17 Feb 19
Maintain an in-depth knowledge of financial services industry practices, regulations and processes and individual client differences. Define and maintain a business architecture that offers flexibility to the product strategy to configure product and services solutions that meet business requirements of clients in the marketplace with a focus on business usability.
General Duties & Responsibilities:
- Interpret client and market needs, assesses the full business requirements and business architecture and identifies solutions to non-standard tasks/queries.
- Collaborate with senior-level clients, product management and technical architects to develop, enhance and implement the business architecture for complex business solutions to support specific client requirements and address market opportunities.
- Participate in management reviews, including presenting and interpreting business requirements and results of business analyses, summarizing conclusions, and recommending a course of action.
- Interface with all areas of the client and internal enterprises affected by the project including strategic planning, product management, product development, technology services and client services to ensure the client's expectations and market requirements are met.
- Define, construct, support and provide training for enterprise business systems.
- Document functional product solutions for key FIS product strategy and product management initiatives leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line roadmap.
- Document functional product solutions for key sales opportunities leveraging defined functional component model libraries and the defined product line roadmap.
- Maintain a catalogue of reusable functional application components consumable across applications and product lines.
- Review functional and business process designs to identify areas of risk and/or missing requirements.
- Negotiate with and influences both the solutions architects and external clients to achieve a business solution that meets client expectations and market requirements.
- Document and communicate opportunities to leverage inter-project synergies, application and enterprise software or infrastructure asset re-use and opportunities to expose application assets for enterprise consumption.
- Communicate business architecture to technical and business audiences.
- Identify and incorporate business process improvements for increased efficiency and enhanced client experience into new solutions.
- Willing to travel 30% to 50% or as needed.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
Require the following experience or equivalent combination of education and experience as a minimum to enter any level of Business Solutions Engineer job:
- Recognized by peer group and external clients as a subject matter expert (SME) in appropriate product line(s)
- Must have led or participated in defining and implementing business solutions for multiple projects in software development and client implementations
- Five or more years working in the product line(s) as a business systems analyst at a senior or specialist level
Bachelor's degree in business administration, business management or related discipline or the equivalent combination of education, training, or work experience. Post-graduate education is desired.