About the team
- Join this world class team in this senior infrastructure lead role
- Utilise your deep skills and experience and to grow your experience across a broad range of technologies
- Together we can simpler and better solutions
Solutions Engineering is responsible for providing Infrastructure and Cloud architecture & design leadership and driving consistency and quality in the provision of technology services throughout the Design and Engineering team for IT Delivery & Availability customers across the Group.
Your new role will part of a cross functional team that is aligned to a specific Business Unit IT team providing safe, sound and secure designs to CBA business unit outcomes. About the Opportunity
The Solutions Lead Engineer position plays a pivotal role providing architectural , technical and design expertise to the projects assigned. The role sees the engineer take accountability on the architecture and design not only in building new IT services but also ensuring the successful consumption of the IT Services across Cloud, Midrange, Database, Storage and Network technologies aligned to CBA technology strategy. What does success look like?
The core responsibilities of the position covers:
What will help you succeed?
- Undertake architectural, solution design and engineering of reusable IT services, to provide business value across multiple programmes and initiatives.
- Provide technical consulting and advice to projects to ensure alignment to IT&T strategy, architectures, and utilisation of standardised IT services
- Analyse a wide range of technical data within systems and processes, to anticipate and address problems, or identify improvement opportunities
- Advise on approach to service engineering and solution design, recommending alternative approaches where required
- Ensure the utility of accountable IT services is maintained, with proactive management strategies implemented to maintain alignment to target architecture
- Ensure all services within the IT service portfolio are managed with consideration to network, capacity, platform, sociability/scalability factors and target architecture
- Experience in performing IT Solution Design & Architecture
- Experience in leading infrastructure delivery projects and programs of work
- Strong technical experience across several technology disciplines, including Storage, Mainframe and Midrange, x86 and Cloud Computing, Networking and Perimeter, Application content delivery and Application platforms
- Experienced in developing both conceptual and technical models to identify areas for IT service standardisation, use and development, to meet business objectives
- Hands on experience in facilitating and contributing to transitioning target architecture from current to desired state across multiple projects
At CommBank, we're committed to building a diverse and inclusive workforce reflecting the customers, businesses and communities we serve. As a value's driven organisation, we nurture and support our people; through focusing on skill and talent development, collaboration, flexibility and internal promotion. With service in mind at every touch point, we take accountability for the role we play in enhancing the financial wellbeing of our customers and communities. At CommBank you can be you.
If you're already part of the Commonwealth Bank Group (including Bankwest), you'll need to apply through Sidekick to submit a valid application. We're keen to support you with the next step in your career.
Advertising End Date: 29/11/2020