Specialist, Operational Risk (Technology 1st Line)
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
The purpose of the role and your unique contribution is to support the establishment and management of a system of work that ensures Technology Risk is proactively and effectively managed as the IAG technical landscape is transformed and modernised - to create a technical foundation for a future, customer and eco-system enabled business operating model.
For your role to make a difference, you will be an experienced risk professional with exceptional organisational and lateral thinking skills. You will enjoy working in ambiguous and fast paced environments applying your skills with a diverse range of stakeholders across the IAG Group.
You will also have the opportunity to develop your capabilities and skills so that they can be utilised more broadly within Group Technology and IAG Key Responsibilities
Skills & Experience
- Deliver 1st line risk support to teams across Group Technology in accordance with established Group Risk Frameworks.
- Lead the delivery and execution of the Group Technology Risk strategy.
- Proactively lead work with the wider Group Technology business and activity in creating active risk and control profiles.
- Consult, provide advice and guidance to ensure that Group Technology is within Group Risk appetite tolerances.
- Use internal and external data sources to provide insight and a forward-looking view of risk for Group Technology.
- Work collaboratively and contribute to projects, initiatives, remediation and/or continuous improvement activity, acting as a risk SME providing advice, guidance and deliverables as required.
- Minimum of 4 - 5 years' experience in operational risk management specifically in tech risk ideally with an Insurance or Financial Services Industry background however not vital.
- Demonstrated controls remediation experience
- Demonstrated competencies with Operational Risk activities within the Three Lines of Defence model.
- Experience working with common technology industry standards such as NIST or Cobit 5.
- Good intrapersonal skills.
- High level of personal drive and enthusiasm.
- Results orientated and committed to achieving challenging objectives and delivering excellence.
- Good relationship building and influencing skills.
- Continuous improvement mindset.
- High levels of personal resilience.
- Has a 'can do' attitude and friendly, courteous manner.
- Tertiary qualification/s in Technology, Commerce, Audit or related fields. Industry or specialist
- qualifications within technology and/or risk management fields.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to: #Proud to be me
- we value difference, not sameness #Together
- harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other #No boxes
- it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. IAG owns some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance. Let's Talk
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation (3% kiwisaver), 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. This role will close on the 12th of April 2020. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position. #L