Specialist, Risk Architecture and Governance
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
As an insurer, managing risk is central to what we do. Our ambition is for IAG to be 'leading' in risk management, as we are in so many other elements of our business. It goes to the heart of our purpose: we make your world a safer place.
This role is an opportunity to make a difference within one of IAG's largest programs of work - Project rQ (Risk Intelligence). At IAG we are uplifting our risk maturity by conducting a top-to-bottom overhaul across our organisation, where we'll all challenge ourselves and each other to raise our risk maturity.
The purpose of this role and your unique contribution is to assist in maintaining and improving the Risk Frameworks and Policies to ensure risk management within IAG is compliant, practical and market leading. This role will ensure appropriate and effective Governance across the organisation to support the Group's strategic objectives. Key Responsibilities
• Providing input and support to scheduled and ad hoc risk reporting at multiple levels of the Group including Board committees and the Group Risk leadership team.
• Facilitating improvements to existing Risk reporting and assisting to identify and implement new value-adding reporting formats and channels.
• Supporting the annual reviews of key Risk documents including the Risk Management Framework and Risk Management Strategy.
• Working closely with the wider risk team to ensure alignment and consistency of risk frameworks and policies for the risk classes.
• Implementing of Risk improvement initiatives and deliverables, including response to internal Audit findings as well as support of planned uplifts from the existing Risk project stream.
• Supporting the evolution of important Risk initiatives including the Risk Maturity Model and Risk Impact Matrix.
• Promoting IAG Purpose and Spirit of Closer, Braver, Faster to create a positive, proactive culture across the Risk team. Skills & Experience
• Minimum of 5 years in Insurance or Financial Services
• Strong willingness to learn, acquire new skills, continually enhance existing ones and exhibit flexibility.
• Effective communication skills.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively across whole of function and broader group to reach common approach
• Proven ability to actively keep abreast of changes in external environment and translate into internal environment
• A tertiary degree or equivalent level of industry experience. Desired Experience
• Experience in Risk Management or a related Risk discipline would be beneficial.
• Strong technical skills, preferably with some experience in Tableau. About us
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance. We also have interest in general insurance joint ventures in Malaysia and India.
Our purpose is to make your world a safer place. It is underpinned by our belief that we can make tomorrow safer than it is today for all of the people who count on us. We can make a difference that helps people, communities and society prosper. Let's Talk Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications Close 9th April.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.