Specialist, Risk Assurance
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
As an insurer, managing risk is central to what we do. Our ambition is for IAG to be 'leading' in risk management, as we are in so many other elements of our business. It goes to the heart of our purpose: we make your world a safer place.
This role is an opportunity to make a difference within one of IAG's largest programs of work - Project rQ (Risk Intelligence). At IAG we are uplifting our risk maturity by conducting a top-to-bottom overhaul across our organisation, where we'll all challenge ourselves and each other to raise our risk maturity.
The purpose of this role and your unique contribution is to lead technology and cyber related
assurance activity by conducting reviews of internal controls, key processes and risk management practices and provide high quality reporting and information to assist management in managing business and control risk exposures, complying with company policy and regulatory requirements and achieving business objectives.
The position holder will be required to work closely with senior management across the business in the execution of planned review activities. Key Responsibilities
• Support the Risk Assurance Managers in developing risk-based assurance plans, activities and objectives and provide insights from undertaken assurance activities to inform the ongoing appropriateness of planned technology and cyber related assurance activity.
• Lead, manage and/or assist in delivery of technology and cyber assurance reviews through leveraging the assurance methodology and disciplines of time management, stakeholder management and quality in completing review activity.
• Provide specialist input and advice, based upon comprehensive industry and commercial experience, on detail of assurance procedures and plans across first- and second-line assurance teams to ensure effective risk based coverage of risk management practices and internal controls.
• Draft and deliver high quality reports on progress and results of assurance activity to stakeholders (including CRO leadership teams, management and to relevant governance bodies) to facilitate ongoing optimisation of risk management practices and the internal control environment. Present to senior leaders and stakeholders at multiple points in the assurance cycle to enable effective and timely communication influencing assurance assessments and providing a basis for sustainable improvement in the control environment. In addition, monitor and report on the progress of management's implementation of agreed actions to senior stakeholders.
• Actively contribute to a culture of innovation that supports the ongoing refinement and improvements to a dynamic and industry leading assurance methodology across the Group for first and second line, which provides timely and effective insights into the status and maturity of the control environment across the business units in the Australia region. Skills & Experience
• Ability to build strong relationships with key stakeholders and senior management to deliver on reviews and to meet business objectives.
• Minimum of 5 years Assurance background in industry and/or Big 4.
• Experience in complex technology driven environment including reviewing large transformation programs.
• Demonstrated understanding Australian Prudential Standards, Financial Services Legislation, Capital and Licensing.
• Proven ability to work autonomously, drive for results and keep abreast of changes in external environment and translate into internal environment.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively across whole of function and broader group to reach common approach.
• Significant experience in managing multiple/concurrent assignments from beginning to end within a multi-disciplined corporate function.
• Knowledge and experience in implementing contemporary, evidence based and fit for purpose governance frameworks, systems and processes for key functions including enterprise risk management, compliance and assurance systems.
• Proven communication skills | service industry and relationship management.
• Discipline/experience in assurance delivery: audit | large change programmes | financial services. About us
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC, WFI and Swann Insurance. We also have interest in general insurance joint ventures in Malaysia and India.
Our purpose is to make your world a safer place. It is underpinned by our belief that we can make tomorrow safer than it is today for all of the people who count on us. We can make a difference that helps people, communities and society prosper. Let's Talk Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'! Applications Close Thursday 9th April.
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.