Specialist, Risk & Assurance
The role is to lead assurance activity, including coverage over compliance plans and prudential obligations, by conducting reviews of internal controls, key processes and risk management practices and provide high quality reporting and information to assist management in managing business and control risk exposures, complying with company policy and regulatory requirements and achieving business objectives.
The position holder will be required to work closely with senior management across the business in the execution of planned review activities.
Support the Risk Assurance Managers in developing risk based assurance plans, activities and objectives and provide insights from undertaken assurance activities to inform the ongoing appropriateness of planned assurance activity.
Lead, manage and/or assist in delivery of assurance reviews, including coverage over compliance plans and prudential obligations, through leveraging the assurance methodology and disciplines of time management, stakeholder management and quality in completing review activity.
Provide specialist input and advice, based upon comprehensive industry and commercial experience, on detail of assurance procedures and plans across first and second line assurance teams to ensure effective risk based coverage of risk management practices and internal controls.
Draft and deliver high quality reports on progress and results of assurance activity to stakeholders (including CRO leadership teams, management and to relevant governance bodies) to facilitate ongoing optimisation of risk management practices and the internal control environment.
Present to senior leaders and stakeholders at multiple points in the assurance cycle to enable effective and timely communication influencing assurance assessments and providing a basis for sustainable improvement in the control environment. In addition, monitor and report on the progress of management's implementation of agreed actions to senior stakeholders.
Actively contribute to a culture of innovation that supports the ongoing refinement and improvements to a dynamic and industry leading assurance methodology across the Group for first and second line, which provides timely and effective insights into the status and maturity of the control environment across the business units in the Australia region. Key Responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and build strong relationships with key stakeholders and executive managers to deliver on reviews and to meet business objectives.
- Proven written and verbal communication at executive level.
- Minimum of 5 years Assurance background in industry and/or Big 4.
- Experience in complex technology driven environment including reviewing large transformation programs.
- Demonstrated understanding Australian Prudential Standards, Financial Services Legislation, Capital and Licensing.
- Proven ability to work autonomously, drive for results and keep abreast of changes in external environment and translate into internal environment.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively across whole of function and broader group to reach common approach.
- Experience in managing multiple/concurrent assignments from beginning to end within a multi-disciplined corporate function.
- Knowledge and experience in implementing contemporary, evidence based and fit for purpose governance frameworks, systems and processes for key functions including enterprise risk management, compliance and assurance systems.
- Discipline/experience in assurance delivery: audit | large change programmes | financial services
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. #CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER Let's Talk
Click 'Apply' and start your career conversation with Talent Acquisition! Applications close on 6th November 2019
Make sure to discuss all internal applications with your current manager before applying. Please note, your eligibility for release on secondment opportunities is dependent approval from your current manager.
Should your application proceed to reference check stage, your current manager will be contacted.