Specialist Solution Architect: SAP (Sydney or Melbourne)
Do you like helping enterprise customers architect systems and solve complex technology problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud services? Do you have a knack for helping enterprises understand application and platform architectures with specific focus on SAP solutions including SAP ERP, SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver, SAP Cloud Platform, SAP Analytics and more? Do you have the executive presence to influence business leaders on critical decisions and the hands-on skills to demonstrate with credibility? Do you want to be part of the business development team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as the new normal?
As a Principal Solutions Architect within Amazon Web Services (AWS), you will have the opportunity to help shape and deliver on a strategy to raise awareness and accelerate adoption of AWS Cloud within enterprise customers, with specific focus on how to run SAP solutions on the AWS platform.
Your broad responsibilities will include: owning the technical engagement and ultimate customer and partner success around SAP on AWS implementation and migration projects; developing deep expertise in Amazon Web Services (including compute, storage networking, database, data warehousing IoT, and AI/ML); and leveraging your deep understanding to influence how AWS innovates on behalf of SAP customers.
The ideal candidate will possess industry leading customer facing skills that will allow them to represent Amazon within a customer's environment and drive discussions with CxO personnel within the company, as well as a technical background that enables them to easily interact and give guidance to enterprise IT/networking teams, software developers, and enterprise architects, especially deep understanding of SAP systems with specific focus on their architecture and infrastructure needs. He/she should also have a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges. Proven ability to clearly articulate business value based on customer outcomes at the most senior levels is essential.
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Serve as a key member of the Solutions Architecture team in helping to ensure customer success in delivering SAP applications and services on the AWS platform.
• Scope each customer engagement, with attention towards clear and well-defined objectives and success criteria.
• Own each engagement, and oversee the timely and successful delivery of value by internal and external parties
• Contribute to and lead teams that may span different functions. Plan and develop SAP architectures with the ANZ Migration Growth Team to assist customers and partners with SAP application modernization.
• Architect SAP solutions for simplicity, massive scale, resiliency, operations and innovation
• Coach customers and partners on SAP-related solutions and services
• Develop, capture, and share best-practices within the solution architect community
• Exploit salesforce.com and other internal Amazon systems. Basic Qualifications
The right person will be highly professional, technical and analytical, and must demonstrate 15+ years of in value selling, consulting, architecture and/or implementation experience.
• Proven track record in overseeing large-scale SAP implementation, upgrade or migration projects
• World-class SAP technical background and experience in SAP applications.
• Demonstrable experience in influencing senior stakeholders and CxO in large enterprises and partners
• Experience and deep knowledge of SAP applications, platforms and databases (e.g. SAP ECC, SAP S/4HANA, SAP HANA, SAP NetWeaver, SAP Cloud Platform, SAP Analytics), and their architecture and infrastructure requirements
• Experience and deep knowledge of SAP BASIS and NetWeaver/HANA Administration
• Experience in SAP Sizing, Backup and Recovery, High Availability & Disaster recovery architecture
• Experience in designing complex SAP solutions which include SAP & Non-SAP components
• Good understanding of infrastructure building blocks (e.g. storage, network, virtualization, authentication etc.)
• Experience with shell scripting, PowerShell and any high-level programming language
• Experience working with enterprise architectures and IT service management frameworks
• Technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background highly desired
• Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations. Preferred Qualifications
• A diverse work experience that may include enterprises, consulting providers, technology vendors and/or startups
• Original thought leadership e.g. blogs, patents, whitepapers, conference papers
• Post-graduate degree or executive education
• Experience in effective communication with senior stakeholders
• Master Technology Architect certification or equivalent
• AWS Certification e.g. AWS Solutions Architect Associate