Storage IT Consultant - ANZ Lab Services
At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities Storage IT Consultant - ANZ Lab Services
- Work with a highly experienced technical team
- Make an impact with mission critical work for our clients
- Join a global company and make a real impact
We as IBM are embracing our role as a trusted leader in designing and deploying the technologies that can help the world community operate more efficiently, more sustainably and more equitably for the people and the planet.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.
IBM Systems Lab Services is a Professional Services Team under IBM Sales & Distribution.
IBM Systems Lab Services has the proven expertise to help leaders plan, design and implement the essential IT infrastructure for what comes next. We offer a wide range of IT infrastructure services for IBM Power Systems™, IBM Z® and IBM LinuxONE™ systems, and IBM Storage and Software Defined Infrastructure. Lab Services consultants perform IT infrastructure services for clients on site, helping them solve business challenges, gain new skills and discover best practices. Lab Services has a global presence and can deploy its consultants around the world.
- As a Storage Consultant, the role involves providing specialised storage services around the world. The Lab Services specialist is a highly skilled expert with a deep knowledge of IBM's Storage Software portfolio and hardware products
- The Lab Services consultant assume overall technical responsibility for the success of solution construction, implementation and system integration in a technology, industry or business specialty
- You deliver new and complex high-quality solutions to clients in response to varying business requirements
- You have deep skill and strong hands on skills in ONE or MORE of the following subject matter areas: Enterprise Storage, IBM DS8000, IBM Flash System Products, Networking and Tape products, Spectrum Protect, IBM ESS and Spectrum Scale.
- Should be ready to travel (once or twice a month)
Requirements: Required Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Has deep technical skills and experience in solutions that support the key focus areas for the team.
- Provide technical expertise for the Client engagements and responsible for designing and deploying the solution.
- Collaborate with the technical consultants across other Geos to create new assets
- Conduct technology Sessions / workshops on Focus Areas
- Work on PoCs for clients and other IBM Teams
Must be an innovative thinker who can take any business problem and quickly come up with a way to sketch out architecture block diagrams using IBM and open source technologies.
Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise:
- Minimum of 7+ years of functional experience in the Storage and Backup Domain
- Extensive understanding of Storage concepts including Storage Architecture, Fiber Channel
- Hands-On experience in managing multi-vendor Enterprise Class Storage Systems (Block, NAS, SAN Switches) such as IBM DS8000 Series / EMC VMAX / HDS VSP / IBM SAN Volume Controller / IBM A9000 / Spectrum Scale
- Experience with Hybrid Storage Solutions
- Must have experience in Storage Automation and understanding of scripting day to day tasks
- Experience in Disaster Recovery Planning and Deployment including Storage Replication, Point in time Copy
- Good Communication Skills both written and Verbal
- Experience in Storage Performance Troubleshooting
- Proven soft skills, analytical skills, team player, excel skills and end user support
- Ambitious individual who can work under their own direction towards agreed targets/goals and with creative approach to work
- Intuitive individual with an ability to manage change and proven time management
- Experience on Backup Solutions
- Well versed with IBM or other vendors SRM Solutions
- Certified on Brocade/Cisco SAN
- Certified on IBM / Other Vendor Storage Systems
- Industry experience in Banking /Telecom/ Manufacturing
Sign me up!
If you tick these boxes, and are ready to start your next challenge with a career at IBM - click "Apply" today. To find out more, head to www.ibm.com.au/careers
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise