- Sydney CBD
- Nov 16, 2021
- $120k - $160k
Looking for a top notch strategy consultant to hit the ground running in this exciting new role. Join a dynamic team in this great company! About the company;
One of the largest financial services in Australia, winner of numerous awards and employing over 30,000 people this company sits above other companies providing security and an outstanding culture in the workplace. What you'll be doing:
The Strategy Consultant will operate like a Management Consultant role specialising in driving data-driven insights for projects. Projects will be in a diverse range of topics from organisation optimisation, network optimisation, business improvement, and opportunity identification. Tasks include:
What you'll need to bring:
- Problem solving and insight - Take responsibility for developing specific data and analytical solutions for problems.
- Advisory - Work closely with clients within the Bank to provide advisory services to business leaders for data-driven development of objectives, strategies, and plans
- Recommendation - Prepare and recommend proposals to clients within the Bank through robust, data-driven analyses
- Project delivery - Show strong drive and practicality to effectively manage own work and contribute to the overall outcomes of the team
- Communication and vision - Capture implications and summarise conclusions from analyses in compelling ways. Develop effective visualisations and storylines.
- Collaboration - Work closely with colleagues across the team and more broadly with rest of Group Data, IT, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Strategy, Transformation, HR, Marketing, Digital and other areas.
- Risk management - Ensure project activities are well managed, protecting the security and privacy of the bank's information, ensuring solutions are reliable and trusted, and protect customer, stakeholders, and the community.
- Strong quantitative background with strong academic credentials and a degree in a quantitative or technical field (e.g., Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Machine Learning, Statistics)
- 2+ years of strategy or management consulting experience in a tier 1 consulting firm, strategy boutique, private equity or in industry corporate development roles
- Proven experience across a range of the Strategy service portfolios.
- Expertise in a specific relevant discipline with three or more years of experience of applying this skill set in commercial environments. These include:
- Data Science - including development of machine learning models using contemporary tools e.g., Python, R. Also design and execution of experiments for rapid cycle testing.
- Data Engineering - e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Full Stack Development.
- Design - including a Customer Research, Service Experience Design and UX/CX design, with the ability to build wireframes and prototypes.
- Strategy - including market, competitive, process and financial analytics
- Practical with a focus on rapid delivery while also showing attention to detail and accuracy
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders, in different parts of the business and at different levels of seniority
- Strong process and delivery capabilities - with attention to detail and ability to meet milestones and expectations