- Sydney CBD
- Nov 21, 2021
- $120k - $160k
Looking for a junior-lower mid level strategy consultant to join an amazing team who will help you grow, learn and develop along this journey. About the company;
One of the largest financial services in Australia, winner of numerous awards and employing over 30,000 people this company sits above other companies providing security and an outstanding culture in the workplace. What you'll be doing:
The Strategy Consultant will operate like a Management Consultant role specialising in driving data-driven insights for projects. Projects will be in a diverse range of topics from organisation optimisation, network optimisation, business improvement, and opportunity identification.
candidate will be someone with excellent problem solving skills, willingness to work with a lot of ambiguity in a fast-moving environment, and good commercial skills/business savvy. We would value those skills in someone without prior experience in data/tech (and indeed outside of banking) to someone highly technical with past experience in longer term technology delivery projects. Tasks include:
What you'll need to bring:
- Problem solving and insight - Take responsibility for developing specific data and analytical solutions for problems.
- Advisory - Work closely with clients within the Bank to provide advisory services to business leaders for data-driven development of objectives, strategies, and plans
- Recommendation - Prepare and recommend proposals to clients within the Bank through robust, data-driven analyses
- Project delivery - Show strong drive and practicality to effectively manage own work and contribute to the overall outcomes of the team
- Communication and vision - Capture implications and summarise conclusions from analyses in compelling ways. Develop effective visualisations and storylines.
- Collaboration - Work closely with colleagues across the team and more broadly with the rest of Group Data, IT, Risk, Legal, Compliance, Finance, Strategy, Transformation, HR, Marketing, Digital and other areas.
- Risk management - Ensure project activities are well managed, protecting the security and privacy of the bank's information, ensuring solutions are reliable and trusted, and protecting customers, stakeholders, and the community.
- Strong academic credentials, with a quantitative background (e.g. Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Economics, Machine Learning, Statistics)
- 2+ years of strategy or management consulting experience in a tier 1 consulting firm, strategy boutique, private equity or in industry corporate development roles
- Proven experience across a range of the Strategy service portfolio including market and industry dynamics assessments, corporate and portfolio strategy.
- Practical with a focus on rapid delivery while also showing attention to detail and accuracy.
- A strong focus on customer and commercial outcomes - with an aptitude and interest in banking and finance customer experience and economics.
- Excellent collaboration skills, able to work with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Strong learning orientation - with commitment to listening and learning from colleagues.
- Strong delivery capabilities and expertise working in a dynamic environment - with strong attention to detail and the ability to create clarity from ambiguity
To submit your application, please apply online using the apply for this job button above, alternatively you can email firstname.lastname@example.org