Support Engineer Team Lead - Linux
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Support Engineer Team Lead - LinuxAmazon has built a reputation for excellence and Amazon Web Services (AWS) is carrying on that tradition while leading the world in Cloud technologies. AWS is seeking talented engineers, well versed in DevOps technologies, automation, infrastructure orchestration, configuration management and continuous integration, who are not constrained by how "things are usually done". As a member of the AWS Premium Support Team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technology, assisting a global list of companies that are taking advantage of a growing set of services and features to run their mission-critical applications.
Amazon has a fast-paced environment where we "Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History." As a premium cloud support engineer you would typically be involved in the following activities on a day to day basis:
Empowering AWS customers who use AWS deployment management services such as (but not limited to):
• Elastic Beanstalk,
• ECS (Orchestrating Docker Containers),
• OpsWorks (Automate operations with Chef),
• CodeDeploy, CodePipeline, CodeCommit (Implementing CI/CD pipelines on AWS)
Act as customer's advocate and have a strong voice into the product development teams. This includes:
• Raising feature requests on behalf of the customers' use cases
• Ensuring timely communication and drive technical issues towards closure
• Raising bug reports
• Not just fixing issues, you are also encouraged to help customers architect and optimize their AWS infrastructure
Apart from working on a broad spectrum of technical issues, an AWS Premium Support engineer may also coach/mentor new hires, develop and deliver trainings, partner with development teams on complex issues or contact deflection initiatives, participate in recruiting, write tools/script to help the team, or work with leadership on process improvement and strategic initiatives.
As we operate on follow-the-sun model, with support sites in 6 locations globally, there is no after hours on-call or mandated overtime in this role.
A suitable candidate would be someone who is extremely customer focused, who could multi-task and utilize both written & verbal communication skills to help our diverse range of customers resolve their technical issues.
• Linux (Ubuntu, CentOS, RedHat) and/or Microsoft Windows Server and associated technologies (Active Directory, Exchange etc.)
• Solid understanding of Networking OSI model (TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP, Routing)
• One or more Web and Application Server technologies (e.g. Apache HTTPD, Apache Tomcat, Nginx, Glassfish, JBoss, Puma, Passenger, IIS)
• One or more DevOps, Orchestration/Configuration Management and Continuous Integration technology (e.g. Chef, Puppet, Docker, Jenkins, Ansible etc.)
• One or more scripting language (e.g. Bash, PowerShell, Ruby, Python, ebextensions)
• One or more version control platform (e.g. Git, Perforce, SVN, TFVC)
• Experience managing full application stacks from the OS up through custom applications
• Knowledge of AWS and Cloud Computing concepts (preferred experience with AWS Elastic Beanstalk, AWS CloudFormation or AWS OpsWorks)
• Exposure to Virtualization (Hypervisors, VMware, Xen)