System Development Engineer - Network Availability
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for a best-in-class Systems Developer Engineer for the Network Availability Engineering team in Sydney. This team is working in the heart of AWS global network and we are looking to hire motivated, best-in-class Systems Development Engineers for our Sydney engineering centre. The engineers within our team are instrumental in allowing us to scale and manage the tooling that drives our next-generation networks and ensure we can continue to expand globally.
The team today owns a platform that vends graph based representations of the Amazon global network to core network automation systems and teams, providing a single, authoritative source of topological information for everything to do with the network.
Systems Development Engineers in this team will work hand-in-hand with Software Development Engineers, Network Engineering and Network Operations teams to invent and simplify the processes that drive this crucial piece of technology.
Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills and has experience working with large scale, enterprise class networks. They have the desire and ability to work closely with their peers and customers in a fast paced, collaborative environment. They will develop best practices and bring both a focus on operational best practice and proactive innovation to the role.
This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon's world class technical teams, working with some of the best and brightest engineers while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies anywhere.
• Automate software deployment and maintenance tasks through creation and maintenance of tools.
• Be part of the team that shapes the Topology Service within the Networking Safety Org
• Deliver simple, sustainable and repeatable solutions and processes.
• Work closely with our Network Engineering teams to ensure fast, smooth roll-out of new designs and products.
• Drive standards across the network and ensure that we are fully compliant to those standards and policies.
• Identify and troubleshoot recurring platform issues. Effective escalation of same to mid- and senior-level engineering teams for full resolution
• Create and review documentation and process regarding recurring issues, new standard operating procedures, knowledge transfer material, etc. Basic Qualifications
• Our ideal candidate is highly autonomous, very detail oriented, possesses strong written and verbal communication skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills and an ability to interact efficiently with peers and customers is required.
• Experience working with large scale cloud architecture
• The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
• In depth experience in working with Linux/Unix environments.
• Bachelor's degree in computer science, computer engineering or related technical discipline
• Software development skills are required, specifically in Python with 2+ years of experience. Preferred Qualifications
• Experience with computer networking
• Experience of building and supporting systems on AWS
• Strong Linux experience from provisioning to performance tuning, and a solid grasp on operating system fundamentals.
• Strong experience in large-scale managed deployments
• Experience in system architecture design
• Excellent analytical skills.
• Graduate degree a plus.