Systems Development Engineer - AWS RDS ( Relational Database Services)
- Location: Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Systems Development Engineer - AWS RDS ( Relational Database Services)Become a part of a highly skilled global team, developing and building entire AWS RDS offering which is used by millions of users across the world.
Would you like to work on one of the biggest systems inside AWS? At RDS we support hundreds of thousands of database instances, with customers of every (really, we mean every) workload, at SLAs that can be higher than those of our internal dependencies. How do we do that? Through super smart, dedicated engineers and builders in both our development and operations teams.
This role will be working in a very hands-on, operations-focused team, but has the scope for first-class development and engineering of tools to support a massive product. Our mission is not to manually solve issues, but to write the automation to manage issues or, better yet, dive deep into the code and fix the root cause.
We're looking for true "Dev" and "Ops" people with a solid understanding of Computer Science fundamentals and the ability to dive deep into code to find and fix issues, as well as building their own software systems that are more than just scripts. Software Engineers who have a passion for not just building software, but seeing it all the way through the lifecycle into production, and then owning the day-to-day operations of a deployed system.
Regardless of your background, the ideal person will be passionate about building and running large scale services, will have experience with software engineering, Linux server administration, and excellent troubleshooting skills.
• Solid experience in either technical support or software development
• Computer Science fundamentals, including data structures, algorithm design and complexity analysis
• Development experience with at least one object-oriented programming language (such as Java, Ruby, Python, C++/C#)
• Experience with running / troubleshooting Linux-based servers (any distro)
• Understanding of key networking concepts such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc), OSI model, DNS
• B.S. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, CIS, or a related field
• Knowledge of databases like MySQL, PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQLServer, etc
• Excellent communication, prioritization, and analytical skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced and agile development environment
• Must be able to see opportunities for improvement, take ownership and closely work with development team to drive product improvement.
• Passion for providing a great customer experience