See job description for details
Fantastic Leadership Opportunity with Big 4 Accounting/Consultancy Firm Your new company
This market leading organisation are interested to hear from reliable, organised and hard-working individuals to lead their calculations team based at their financial services clients. Those teams will work in a target-orientated, time conscious environment where being able to work with a high level of accuracy to prescribed processes and to strict deadlines is a prerequisite. The team is dedicated to assisting corporations and financial institutions with their issues in respect of financial instruments and products. The role may also require the team to facilitate and empower the client to solve the issues as well as designing and developing ad hoc tools for the clients to deliver complex calculations. In order to be successful in this role, you will need to demonstrate powerful quantitative/mathematical capability strong experience in leading a team, attention to detail, organisational skills and business acumen. Your new role
A Calculations Team Leader will be required to:
What you'll need to succeed
- Manage a team of calculations preparers and peer reviewers.
- Manage throughput and oversee quality of calculations performed by the team.
- Provide day-to-day technical support to team to support calculations.
- Report to project manager on a regular basis.
To be successful in this role, you must be an experienced people manager and demonstrate the following:
- Bachelor/Master degree in Engineering/Mathematics/Finance/Accounting.
- Demonstrated understanding of calculation methodologies, able to review complex calculations.
- Demonstrated experience in financial services and wealth management/banking products.
- Demonstrated experience manipulating large data sets in Excel.
- Experience managing small teams.
- You may have 3-4 year experience in a previous role in one of the following areas:
- Calculation resource from other remediation program (yr+)
- Accountant (CA/CPA/ICCA) or Internal Auditor from fund managers and banks or Professional firm
(Audit, Advisory, Forensic, Risk)
Key Skills required for this role:
What you'll get in return
- Logical and analytical thinking, skill with numbers and an interest in modelling.
- Good balance between big picture and attention to detail.
- Factual and don't assume without consultation.
- Hard working and capacity to perform under pressure without compromising quality.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- People skill to manage a team of 3-5.
- Confidence working with numbers with an ability to apply to decision making / reasoning.
- Advanced Excel literacy including developing macros.
A fantastic opportunity to take on a leadership role within a leading big 4 consultancy firm, gaining valuable experience likely to grow your career. You will earn a competitive salary and be exposed to potential future progression opportunities. What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' or forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Lauren.Jones@hays.com.au LHS 297508