Technical Account Manager
DESCRIPTION We are looking for technology thought-leaders who build long lasting and influential relationships at all levels of an organisation.
Amazon has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to join the team as they help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into "the Cloud". As a member of the Amazon Web Services Enterprise Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies.
The Technical Consultant / Technical Account Manager (TAM) functions as part of the Enterprise Support team to ensure key enterprise customer success in building applications and services on the AWS platform. The TAM provides assistance to the customer as a strategic expert on the full line of AWS services and the customer's architecture in support of strategy questions, project and launch planning and ongoing operational issues.
TAMs are engaged at the account level in providing recommendations and proactive advice through all phases of the cloud adoption life cycle.
Every day will bring new and exciting challenges on the job while you:
• Act as a single point of contact to Enterprise Accounts
• Ensure support cases are responded to appropriately
• Make recommendations on how new AWS offerings fit in the company strategy and architecture
• Complete analysis and present periodic reviews of operational performance to customer
• Provide detailed reviews of service disruptions, metrics, detailed prelaunch planning
• Champion and advocate for customer requirements within AWS (e.g. feature request)
• Participate in customer requested meetings (onsite or via phone)
• Has access and knows how to use all key customer resolution tools across all service groups to facilitate rapid resolution of customer concerns
• Work with some of the leading technologists around the world
• Work directly with Amazon Web Service engineers to ensure that customer issues are resolved as expediently as possible
• Open tickets with other software companies, back channel, if needed
• Available in non business hours to handle urgent issues
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS • Experience in a similar role as a Senior Technical Consultant, Solutions Architect, Platform Engineer, Systems Engineer, Cloud Architect, Infrastructure Lead, Operations Manager, Devops Lead etc.
• Understand operational parameters and troubleshooting for at least four of the following: Compute, Storage, Networking, CDN, Databases, DevOps, Big Data and Analytics, Security, Applications Development
• Internal enterprise or external customer-facing experience with the ability to clearly articulate to small and large audiences
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS • The right person will be highly technical and analytical, possess 5-7 years of implementation / consulting experience
• Previous experience in a relationship management role in an large enterprise environment
• Experience with AWS service offerings
• Computer Science or Math background highly desired; working knowledge of software development practices and technologies highly desired
• Solid understanding of technology budget management
Amazon Web Services is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.