Technical Pricing Specialist
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
Satellite is a division in IAG whose purpose is to disrupt the Australian insurance market and be an accelerator for the wider IAG business. We are building a new platform and business model to launch new disruptive partners, products and propositions to market. We have a fast-paced test & learn culture. You will be encouraged to be curious, challenge the status quo, make decisions and take calculated risks. Reporting to the Motor Pricing and Technical Manager, the Pricing Specialist will be contributing to the delivery of best in class pricing capability for the Satellite division. The role will involve building technical pricing models and implementing the models into the rating engine which goes live to market and monitor their effectiveness. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience
- You will identify and implement a technical pricing framework in the Satellite portfolios.
- Work collaboratively with other Satellite and internal IAG teams to deliver on customer value proposition and pricing initiatives.
- Implement pricing capabilities to support Satellite's customer and partner objectives.
- Improve the pricing implementation process by building new rating engine capabilities for the portfolio.
- Continually improving pricing models and ensuring that pricing processes adhere to IAG pricing principles and risk standards.
- Contribute to broader leadership of Satellite across the whole value chain including strategy, partnering, initiatives, culture.
- 3+ years technical pricing experience (preferably personal lines insurance)
- Experience with pricing techniques and models such as GLM and GBM (essential)
- Experience with R, SAS, SQL or equivalent
- Ability to present technical information to a broad audience
- Tertiary qualification in a numerical or analytical discipline i.e. Finance, Mathematics or Statistics or Actuarial related field.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories. It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts. We encourage Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders to apply for this position.