Technical Pricing Specialist
#CLOSER #BRAVER #FASTER The Role
Satellite is a connected but separate division in IAG. It is an end-to-end business whose purpose is to disrupt the Australian insurance market and be an accelerator for the wider IAG business. We are building a new platform and business model to launch new disruptive partners, products and propositions to market. We have a fast-paced test and learn culture where you will be encouraged to be curious, challenge the status quo, make decisions and take calculated risks. Reporting into the Pricing Manager, the Pricing Specialist will be contributing to the delivery of best in class pricing capability for the Satellite division. The role will involve building technical pricing models and implementing the models into the rating engine which goes live to market and monitor their effectiveness. You will work closely with the product pricing owner and leadership teams across the entire value chain - marketing, operations, claims, data, fraud, digital etc. to develop and deliver pricing and rating engine capabilities. Key Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience
- You will identify and implement a technical pricing framework in the Satellite portfolios.
- You will be curious and bring in new ideas/initiatives to make Satellite the best pricing function in Australian personal lines insurance.
- You will implement "test and learn" initiatives that support strategic imperatives of the Satellite business.
- You will work collaboratively with other Satellite and internal IAG teams to deliver on customer value propositions and pricing initiatives.
- You will implement pricing capabilities to support Satellite's customer and partner objectives.
- You will improve the pricing implementation process by building new rating engine capabilities for the Satellite portfolios.
- You will continually improve pricing models and identify where models are strong and weak and be responsible for the ongoing monitoring of technical model performance.
- You will be a leader in and contribute to the development of the wider team and contribute to broader leadership of Satellite across the whole value chain, including strategy, partnering, initiatives and culture.
- 3+ years of technical pricing experience, preferably across personal lines insurance.
- Experience with R, SAS, SQL or equivalent
- Experience with pricing techniques and models such as GLM and GBM.
- Ability to translate technical components onto commercial outcomes.
- Tertiary qualification in a numerical or analytical discipline i.e. Finance, Mathematics or Statistics or Actuarial related field.
- Ability to present technical information to a broad audience.
- Excellent written communication skills and ability to develop quality documentation.
- Ability to develop strong working relationships with people across IAG.
- Demonstrated ability to meet tight deadlines and have exceptional flexibility of approach, being able to stay focused when directions change without notice.
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
At IAG, we believe that everyone has a unique point of view to share, shaped by their life experiences, cultures & passions. We celebrate and commit to:
#Proud to be me - we value difference, not sameness
#Together - harnessing our collective wisdom enables us to be our best for our customers & each other
#No boxes - it's not about labels, boxes or categories; It's about building a diverse and inclusive mindset into everything we do
IAG is the largest general insurance group in Australia and New Zealand. We own some of the region's most trusted brands, including NRMA Insurance, CGU, SGIO, SGIC and WFI. Let's Talk
Start your career journey with us and click 'Apply'!
In addition to a diverse and inclusive culture, some of our benefits include 13% superannuation, 50% insurance discounts, flexible work and leave options, generous parental leave and return to work program, recognition and reward program, and various corporate partner discounts.
At IAG we strongly believe to achieve success we must create a diverse and inclusive workforce. We encourage applications from all backgrounds and communities. IAG have committed to the reconciliation movement in Australia for First Nations people and focus on building a diverse culture by creating a safe and supportive work environment for all our employees. More information on our Reconciliation Action Plan can be found on our website: