Technology - IT Hardware Asset Management Project Coordinator, Associate, Sydney
About The Company
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services Firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 747 offices in 42 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
Morgan Stanley seeks individuals from different backgrounds and experiences as we strongly believe diversity is an opportunity for leading with exceptional ideas. Across all roles, we seek candidates who value honesty, character and diversity to foster an inclusive work environment where all employees feel a sense of belonging and can partner with colleagues to deliver the best of the Firm to our clients. Professional development is supported through open and honest 360 feedback, career conversations, training opportunities, and mentoring / coaching. About The Role
The main objective of this role is to support Morgan Stanley’s efforts to further enhance firm and client data protection via IT hardware asset management throughout its lifecycle. The main responsibility of the role is to ensure IT Hardware assets in Australia are accounted for via continuous inventory management and to execute the transference and disposal of said assets in compliance with the firm’s latest policies and procedures. Key Responsibilities
• Ensure IT Hardware assets in Australia are accounted for through its lifecycle via continuous inventory management
• Conduct periodical validation of data within the IT hardware asset inventory
• Continue to optimize the utilization of IT hardware asset storage spaces
• Execute transference and disposal events of IT hardware asset in compliance with the firm’s latest policies and procedures
• Oversee transfer or disposal vendor activities to ensure compliance to the agreed procedures. This includes occasional travel to other locations to perform this task – MS has offices in Sydney, Melbourne, Adelaide, Brisbane and Perth. This will include the oversight of the activities themselves as well as the budgeting/ordering/payment of the respective activity
• Liaise with assessment and audit teams in delivery of regulatory mandated programs around IT hardware asset management Qualifications: Required Experience
• Minimum of 3-year experience in IT Desktop support function, both hardware and software, preferably at global financial institutions
• Solid understanding of PC hardware components and PC architecture
• Hands-on experience in building and dismantling PC at components level
• Experience in managing IT hardware asset inventory throughout its life cycle from delivery to disposal
• Experience in data management, validation and reconciliation in relation to inventory management
• Experience in overseeing vendor activities in relation to IT hardware delivery and disposal
• Experience in building runbooks to improve operational efficiency Required Skills
• Strong Organisational skills with a fine eye for detail
• Data-driven mindset with strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to build and sustain relationships with individuals at all levels of the organization and leverage this to achieve work-related objectives
• Ability to identify appropriate stakeholders within and beyond immediate team and work to build and maintain tight network/relationships with them
• Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams without formal authority
• Experience in managing multiple and concurrent projects with minimal supervision
• Self-starter being able to identify where focus is needed and bring clarity to requirements
• Ability to work in fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
• Strong communication skills - written and verbal
• Proficiency in MS Office and related applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, Visio, Project). Qualifications
• Educated to degree level
• ITIL, PMP certified (desired) Equal Opportunity Statement
Morgan Stanley’s goal is to build and maintain a workforce that is diverse in experience and background but uniform in reflecting our standards of integrity and excellence. Consequently, our recruiting efforts reflect our desire to attract and retain the best and brightest from all talent pools. We want to be the first choice for prospective employees.
It is the policy of the Firm to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, disability, marital and civil partnership/union status, pregnancy (including unlawful discrimination on the basis of a legally protected pregnancy/maternity leave), veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Morgan Stanley is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying its workforce.