Technology Legal Counsel (In-house)
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Permanent, Full time
- KPMG Australia
See job description for details
- Be at the forefront of KPMG's digital and technology transformation
- Build a long term career across the broad areas of our business
- Enjoy significant responsibility in an agile work environment and a career that flexes to your lifestyle
- Barangaroo office, Sydney (Melbourne applicants also considered for Docklands office location)
KPMG is embracing technology to transform and enhance our client service offerings in areas such as artificial intelligence, data and analytics, virtual reality, cybersecurity and blockchain. We also collaborate with major technology vendors to provide innovative client solutions.
An exciting opportunity for a commercially-focussed, junior to mid-level technology lawyer has arisen in our in-house legal team, the Office of General Counsel (OGC).
Based in our Barangaroo, Sydney office (although Melbourne applicants will also be considered) and working within an agile, inclusive and supportive culture, this role reports to the OGC's Head of IP & Technology. It will see you advising all areas of KPMG's business, including working directly with the General Counsel, Chief Digital Officer, CIO and other senior stakeholders. You will be operating in an area of real growth and innovation, with the opportunity to independently develop your network throughout KPMG and be highly-visible on business initiatives that are at the forefront of our rapid expansion in the technology space.
Your new role
Key responsibilities will include:
- Providing legal guidance in relation to KPMG's rapidly growing and evolving technology solutions and digital service offerings
- Advising on the development and commercialisation of innovative, digital products and service offerings, including licensing them across KPMG's global, member firm network
- Reviewing, drafting and negotiating IT and IT-related agreements, including master technology services agreements, technology procurement, implementation, licensing, SaaS and outsourcing agreements
- Advising on the structuring of and responses to tenders for the provision of technology services
- Supporting OGC's M&A team where technology and intellectual property issues arise in acquisitions
- Liaising closely with the business and external counsel.
Ideally we are looking for someone with post admission experience with a leading law firm and/or in-house environment or technology business. You will have:
- Current practicing certificate
- Significant experience advising on technology contracts and technology-related matters
- Strong drafting and negotiation skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and experience building relationships with internal clients at all levels
- Project management, research, analysis and problem solving skills
- Flexibility, adaptability and a team-orientated attitude, as well as the ability to operate independently as required and proactively manage competing priorities.
We offer rewarding careers for outstanding professionals, ongoing learning and development opportunities, a collaborative and inclusive culture, and flexible and agile work practices that focus on our people's wellbeing to drive innovation and entrepreneurship. We also believe that our business plays a distinct and vital role in helping solve important social and environmental issues; and use our unique skills and expertise to help create positive and lasting impacts for our communities.
We believe diversity of thought, background and experience strengthens relationships and delivers meaningful benefits to our people, our clients and communities. We are consistently recognised as an employer of choice for women, and our inclusive culture promotes the development of our people irrespective of gender, ethnicity, generation, flexible work status, family circumstances, sexual orientation or disability.
This is an exciting opportunity to be a part of KPMG and its ongoing success. So if you want a career where you can use your deep expertise to deliver real results, talk to us first.
Please apply for this position by submitting your confidential application online.
Advertised: 02 Feb 2018 AUS Eastern Daylight Time