Technology Support Engineer - Wear Many Hats!
- Base + Bonus + Super AUD
- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia Sydney New South Wales AU
- Permanent, Full time
- Acadian Asset
- 11 Sep 18 2018-09-11
The Technology Support Engineer is a generalist position that requires a highly technical individual with strong problem solving and communication skills. The individual is responsible for providing support to the end user community within the Sydney, Australia office. This position has design, development and maintenance responsibility for the software programs, databases, systems, and processes. This includes, but is not limited to, application support, desktops, servers, cloud-based infrastructure and services, database, mobile devices, documentation, and user functionality for the organization on a day-to-day basis. The Engineer will take ownership and initiative to analyze problems, propose resolutions, and ensure implementation.
- First line of contact for all local office technology issues; Prioritize numerous issues of varying severity and effectively manage the resolution of all issues; Ensure that enterprise computing resources are always available to the end users
- Provide maintenance support for core business applications leveraging C#, Python, and other integrated technologies
- Ensure that database and query performance are optimized
- Maintain and manage existing server, network, and application environments
- Provide technical support for applications that serve Investment Management functions
- Work with global development teams to enhance functionality of investment applications
- Provide resolutions in a timely manner via telephone, face to face meetings, and/or email
- Provide off hours coverage for colleagues in the Boston office, including Database, Software, and IT Operational support; On-call support when required
- Coordinate other IT resources to assist in problem resolution as needed
- Document procedures, standards, best practices, configurations, settings, installation sequences and back-out instructions; ensure documents are kept up to date.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field; MSCE or A+ certification a plus
- 5+ years of prior experience, financial services is a plus
- Strong technical background with the ability to spot problematic areas, analyze solutions, propose resolutions and direct their implementation
- T-SQL programming, performance, and optimization
- Experience designing databases with Microsoft SQL Server
- Experience building REST API’s
- Experience with CI/CD and Test Driven Development
- Expertise with the following: Windows, Office365, Enterprise Scheduler (Active Batch experience a plus), AWS, Scripting (Power Shell, Python), Desktop and Server Hardware, Mobile Devices is a plus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills; Demonstrated ability to effectively multi-task and manage his/her time both independently as well as within a team environment