Test Lead - Mainframe Testing, API Testing, DB Testing, Guidewire Claim Center
What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative, and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story. Job Description:
- Candidate should have strong knowledge in SQL, Functional Testing with Insurance domain skills, Web Application Testing and Mainframe testing.
- Analyse/Review the time and effort required based on the initial estimation submitted by the Test Analyst,
- Resource on boarding, set up Client machine and all required application access to start work on.
- Create case studies to highlight experience / credentials for the proposals
- Address clients queries in partnership with the BD team
- Review's client requirement and provides feedback
- Responsible for creating test plans and strategy
- Strong knowledge in P&C Insurance
- Proficient Knowledge in Policy Life Cycle, Claims functionalities, Guidewire Claim centre upstream and downstream systems.
- Well acquainted with the software-testing life cycle (STLC) and have been part of all the phases.
- Reviews and re-evaluates the test strategy to adjust for new information, changing risks, shifting priorities, and schedules
- Oversees quality review of various applications
- Oversees project to make sure work is scheduled based on priorities, risks and team strengths and assignment of resources across projects
- Oversees implementation and execution of functional, regression, and acceptance tests
- Possess good leadership, problem solving, communication and interpersonal skills
- Having good knowledge on communication with customers
- Oversees the creation and maintenance of test data and test documentation
- Leads/mentors QA team members and shares knowledge.
- Assists in formulating QA standards and best practices, organizational policies and processes and strategic plans
- Assists management in setting the direction for quality assurance.
- Delivery management of functional testing and ensuring on time delivery
- Test Planning, Test cases and Test results review, Resource & Schedule management to meet the testing milestones to meet the deadline
- As a test lead, Participating in Scrum calls, Defect triage calls and interacting with different stack holders and ensuring the process compliance
- Identification of risks and Preparation of Mitigation plans and publishing it customers and management
- Providing Test Scenarios walkthrough to Business to ensure the right coverage
- Supporting UAT phase with any execution support & data creation support and participating in UAT Defect triage meetings
- Co-ordination with API and TOSCA Automation teams in terms of Test data set up, Observation's analysis and Clarifying queries.
- Salary Range: $85,000 to $95,000
If you feel this opportunity suits you, or Cognizant is the type of organization you would like to join, we want to have a conversation with you! Please apply directly with us.
For a complete list of open opportunities with Cognizant, visit http://www.cognizant.com/careers Cognizant is committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunities. Successful candidates will be required to undergo a background check. About Cognizant
Cognizant (Nasdaq-100: CTSH) is one of the world's leading professional services companies, transforming clients' business, operating and technology models for the digital era. Our unique industry-based, consultative approach helps clients envision, build and run more innovative and efficient businesses. Headquartered in the US, Cognizant is ranked 185 on the Fortune 500 and is consistently listed among the most admired companies in the world. Learn how Cognizant helps clients lead with digital at www.cognizant.com or follow us @Cognizant.