- Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
- Contract, Full time
- Bluefin Resources
- 23 Sep 17
Test Manager - Contract
Company Overview and Role Purpose
My client are an internationally-known Australian brand. The primary purpose of the Test Manager role is to create and execute a testing strategy to ensure the smooth implementation of a new finance system. This is a long-term contract assignment for which the right candidate will earn a day rate between $700 and $800.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
As a key member of the team responsible for the implementation of a new revenue accounting software system, the Test Manager is required to lead the planning of all Business Acceptance Testing and System Integration Testing activities in the lead up to the test execution phase.
This is a complex project involving many stakeholders and deliverables. The key responsibilities of the Test Manager are as follows:
- Scoping the testing work required for different technology streams across the business
- Managing the overall execution of the accepted test strategies
- Identifying mitigating risk
- Providing regular updates to business stakeholders
- Managing relationships with third-party vendors
- Monitoring testing activities from initiation through to delivery, end-to-end.
Essential Skills, Attributes, and Experience
- Strong understanding of testing methods and prove, demonstrable ability to write effective test plans and strategies
- Experience working in an Agile environment
- Experience with System, Software, Hardware and Applications testing
- Effectual time management, ability to complete activities within agreed deadlines
- Solid track record of managing offshore / onsite vendors
- ISTQB Advanced Test Analyst certification and / or ISTQB Advanced Test Manager Certification(s)
- Self-motivated and the ability to work independently within a team environment
- High energy, enthusiasm, and a positive attitude
- Prior experience working on a large-scale financial system implementation project will be highly regarded.
To apply, please follow the instructions below.