Trading Platform Engineering - Client & Production Support
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
ENGINEERING What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets .
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
FICC is a fast-paced trading environment with a wide variety of financial products. This role is to help support the "FICC Risk Platform", a new infrastructure for real-time risk computation in FICC Macro, as part of the Portfolio Analytics technology team. The FICC Risk Platform is a highly distributed and resilient state machine that is relied on by Traders and Quants in FICC to provide up-to-date information for all their transactions. We are looking for candidates who are passionate about learning and working with the business to resolve day to day technical issues. You must have strong communication skills as you will be working with many different teams front to back across both the business and technical organizations. Some coding experience is required as you will be working with developers to debug issues and find root causes. You will make an impact by resolving issues efficiently, managing incidents, identifying recurring issues and coming up with recommendations on where to make investments to bring down support costs. Lastly, you will help train new users and developers by creating clear and concise documentation for applications and processes. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Your responsibilities include:
- Help users to quickly resolve issue
- Create user documentation for applications and processes
- Create runbooks for faster issue resolution
- Debug code and determine where changes need to be made to resolve root causes
- Manage support tickets to track recurring issues and support cost
- Perform start of day checks to ensure that systems are operational before the trading day starts
- Use tools to execute configuration changes, modify production data and entitle users to applications
- Execute BCPs to ensure that backup plans are up to date
- 2+ years of support and incident management experience
- Ability to read and debug code (Java/C++/Python)
- Strong communication skills
- Experience in software release process and change management
- Comfortable multi-tasking, managing multiple stakeholders and working as part of a team
- Desire to do support as their primary role
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Experience in supporting trading desks at large investment banks
- Experience with SQL or no-SQL databases
- Experience with an object oriented programming language
- Knowledge of Fixed Income products (Interest Rates, Credit, Foreign Exchange)
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity