A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians. We value what you will bring. We value those with sharp, analytical minds and are open to challenging the way things are done.
Registry is comprised of seven teams – Communication & Engagement, Legal, Program Delivery, Registry Development, Service Delivery, Service Delivery Support and Workload, Insight & Reporting. These teams provide efficient and accessible business registers that make it easier to do business in Australia, making available a wealth of public information about companies, businesses and professionals.
- receive, action and respond to staff and customer issues, problems and errors in relation to Registry systems, being an escalation point for assistance
- support the development and enhancement of online services and products for internal and external users
- identify, assess and resolve register search and access issues
- provide support on law reforms, projects and business plan priorities
- assist with developing new registry products and services; reviewing and updating business requirements and providing recommendations
- research complex process, policy and requirements matters relating to Registry products
- assist with facilitating workshops with internal and external stakeholders to gather feedback on existing Registry products and services
- communicate issues relating to existing or proposed services and products, presenting possible solutions
- liaise and negotiate effectively with a range of internal and external stakeholders to understand business and client needs
- write, review and implement approved strategic and policy recommendations
- actively contribute to and assist with process improvement activities to increase efficiency and effectiveness
- a relevant bachelor’s degree
- experience in business analysis, project management and working in a team environment
- experience in user acceptance testing, documenting business requirements and processes
ASIC is Australia's integrated corporate, markets, financial services and consumer credit regulator.
ASIC has a broad mandate. We are a regulator; a policy advisory body; a consumer protection agency; a licensing body; a financial educator and consumer advocate; and a company and professional registry. And we are a law enforcement agency.
This work is directed to one principal aim: to realise ASIC’s vision for a fair, strong and efficient financial system for all Australians.
Underpinning ASIC’s vision is the recognition that every cent in the financial system is other people’s money.
A future with ASIC means that your work will contribute to achieving ASIC’s vision.
To work with us, you must be an Australian citizen, and be prepared to complete an ASIC Suitability and Baseline Assessment which is issued by ASIC’s Personnel Security Team .
Click ‘apply' to submit your application by 8 April 2020.