To contribute towards the successful delivery of Group Operations activities; and Support the Group Head of Operations (GHO) in delivering agreed business plans, managing stakeholders and ensuring operations planning and management standards are maintained to deliver a high-quality cost-efficient service that fully meets the needs of clients.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Reporting to the Group Head of Operations the job holder will support the:
- development, implementation and coordination of Group Operations strategy, working with the GHOs direct reports to ensure timely delivery of agreed action plans and agreed business benefits,
- GHO with the identification, development and implementation of business improvement initiatives using appropriate project and Lean Sigma methodologies,
- development, maintenance and publication of appropriate management information metrics (financial and non-financial data) to enable robust oversight of business unit and staff performance within GHO’s area of responsibility, liaising with Mancom and other Head Office stakeholders as necessary to promote awareness of business performance,
- timely remediation of business issues (audit, risk management, compliance and self-identified) and oversight corrective action plans on behalf of the GHO for all Units within Group Operations,
- monitoring of staff development and performance management activities across the GHOs area of responsibility,
- GHO and direct reports, providing administrative support as directed by the GHO.
To support the above the job holder is expected to have a broad knowledge of Operations best practices and experience of working as part of a team.A solid understanding of project methodologies and Lean or Six Sigma tools is also desirable.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The job will primarily be focused on supporting the GHO in managing the Group Operations function and helping to create a unified target operating model for the Group’s operations. The focus will be particularly on governance, reporting and administrative activities. The job holder will need to exhibit a can-do attitude, a zealousness for delivering change and a passion for challenging the status quo.
The job holder will be expected to work with Operations management and other stakeholders to ensure that ongoing activities of Group Operations are aligned to the Group’s strategic objectives.
- Good understanding of Banking segments, products, services, operations, and technology.
- Familiarity with and exposure to Change Management Methodologies
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Project
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations, present data in a clear and concise manner as well e.g. MI Packs, Issue Progress Reports etc.
Education / Certifications
- Finance, banking, accounting, business or risk management degree or qualification.
- 7-10 years of experience in organizational change management, business analyst or project manager role,
- Has a good understanding of the structures and main activities of Operations and how it supports the business needs of the Group and the specialist needs of the client.
- Explains or presents factual information to individuals or groups in a structured, clear, confident and concise way avoiding the use of jargon.
- Explains the reasoning behind what is being said to ensure understanding and acceptance.
- Produces clear and concise reports and other written material (both draft and final form) usually of a detailed and sometimes technical nature, which are understandable to those with or without a knowledge of the subject matter.