Director, FCC, Governance
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain Manama Capital Governorate BH
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 12 Aug 18 2018-08-12
* Interpret Management Information and Reporting and provide covering analysis for Committees and Management Forums as appropriate * Provide oversight on risk profile screening escalations / alerts * Track/report all remedial actions (audit, CMRs, exams, RA etc.) * Manage escalations from the business * Provide advice and guidance to the frontline staff regarding financial crime screening policies and procedures when necessary
Leadership and Management
- Provide support to the regional and in-country FCC teams
- Help develop skilled resources within the area team who can contribute to the management of FCC
- Support efforts to position the Bank as an industry leader in the eyes of regulators and industry stakeholders
- Promote and embed a compliance culture throughout the AME FCC environment
- Partner with colleagues across the Bank to help drive a culture of risk awareness and proactive risk identification and assessment
- Ensuring there is a consistent message to country FCC, and dealing with country issues as they come arise
- Support the business in managing regulatory relationships where FCC issues are a problem
- Execute Compliance Governance, Frameworks and Models
- Partner with the business to make decisions based on the knowledge and interpretation of current and possible future policies, practices, trends and information of financial crime
- Develop and implement financial crime compliance arrangements/frameworks (programmes, policies and procedures) for AME FCC and business lines
- Implement Identification, Monitoring, Testing, and Reporting
- Implement FCC/sanctions/AML/ABC risks identification and assessment and advise business on the findings
- Partner with Business and Operational Risk to identify and mitigate financial compliance risks
Manage and Mitigate Risks
- Conclude investigations of non-compliant activities
- Review system safeguards and recommend process enhancement
- Develop, keep up to date and recommend for approval by the relevant Risk Committee, appropriate policies/processes/DOIs to address financial crime risks, aligning with relevant regulatory requirements.
- Providing governance and oversight over the implementation of FCC-related policies and procedures in the AME Region, to ensure compliance with such policies and procedures.
- Document and maintain all core documents, including policies/processes/DOIs.
- Provide advice to relevant stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to AML/Sanctions/ABC.
- Support the execution of control checks undertaken by FCC under the Operational Risk Framework (ORF)/Operational Risk Assessment (ORA).
- Provide advice to relevant FCC stakeholders on compliance with Group standards relating to AML, Sanctions and ABC.
- Identify, escalate and help address thematic FCC issues and trends across the region.
- Align and support the alignment of relevant systems and controls to industry best practice and close out any compliance gaps.
- Provide advice on the application of risk management frameworks (e.g. ORA, GRA).
- Apply Group and FCC policies and processes (AML surveillance, client screening, risk assessment) to manage risks.
- Inform senior management and relevant regulators of serious regulatory breaches (or where risk tolerances have been breached) and ensure that actions are taken quickly to remediate and/or activities are ceased.
- Implement AML/Sanctions/ABC risks identification and assessment methodologies.
- Conduct Country risk assessments.
- Map risks, quantify the potential impact and escalate where necessary.
- Provide intelligence inputs to support calibration of bank's Risk Methodologies (including aggregate client risk, product risk and country risk assessments).
- Ensure coordination of Audits & Reviews, overseeing and facilitating the life-cycle of a review or audit.
- Drive regional execution against our FCC objectives.
- Oversee and coordinate the Global Risk Assessment ("GRA").
- Drive the roll-out and advancement of Management Information ("MI").
- Adhere to structured Reporting across AME region, upwards to Group FCC and other Group stakeholders.
- All FCC related projects from a group, regional or local perspective must be consistently managed by the regional team ensuring compliance to FCC governance policies, methodologies and procedures.
- FCC Governance to ensure a structured and consistent approach to conducting business as usual activities, business change, projects and activities.