Group Head of Change Management
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain Manama Capital Governorate BH
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 21 Sep 18 2018-09-21
To oversee Programme & Project Managers and the Group Project Management Office (GPMO) in order to drive the successful delivery of Strategic Change Programmes and Projects across the Group.
Working closely with the Head of Group Strategy the job holder will not only have responsibility for developing and embedding the Group’s Project Management methodology but also for driving the delivery of the Change and ensuring that Strategic Change Projects are aligned to the Groups strategy and deliver expected benefits to the Group.
Additionally the job holder will have responsibility for overseeing robust reporting and governance of Projects through the GPMO.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Reporting to the Group Chief Operating Officer the job holder will be responsible for:
- Leading, coordinating and overseeing the delivery of strategic change initiatives to ensure Projects deliver expected benefits, within agreed budgets and timescales.
- Ensuring Project delivery by maximising utilisation of resources to make sure the right projects are prioritised and deliverables are of the right quality with suitably high ambition.
- Influencing and collaborating with senior / executive stakeholders, building strong relationships to ensure consensus and influence change outcomes.
- Coaching senior management and stakeholders through the process of establishing a clear vision for change, a tangible definition of successful change outcomes (and the quantifiable link / dependency to achieving the benefits), robust plans to embed change and ownership of the future state.
- Continuously supporting the development of the Group’s Change and Implementation capability through regular sharing of delivery outputs, experience and learnings, sharing relevant articles / ideas and leading the development of material for use by other staff.
- Leading the development of the change and implementation methodology including stakeholder plans, change impact and audience assessments, business readiness, value mapping and approach to tracking, demonstrating and embedding of change outcomes and benefits.
- Building a Change delivery function to ensure dependencies are managed across programmes including the incorporation of lessons learnt and any impact on cultural change has been identified and addressed.
- Developing a culture of change leadership in the Group to support every level of management having the skills, capabilities and personal attributes to lead the organisation through change.
To support the above the job holder is expected to have a strong and broad knowledge of Change best practices and experience of leading teams that develop and deliver transformational initiatives.A solid understanding of Project Management methodologies is essential.
Job Context (Circumstances & environment surrounding the job):
The job will primarily be focused on leading and delivering strategic change aligned with the Group’s strategy, enhancing the Group’s Change Management governance arrangements, tracking and reporting progress against plans and building a culture of change within the Group.
The job holder will need to exhibit a can do attitude, a zealousness for delivering change and a passion for challenging the status quo.
The job holder will be expected to work with Senior Executives and stakeholders to ensure that change initiatives are aligned whilst managing risks to within the established Group risk appetite.
- Excellent understanding of Banking segments, products, services, operations, and technology gained from hands on experience in operational and change related roles.
- Deep knowledge of Change Management Methodologies
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Software including Visio
- Ability to develop and deliver presentations as well as Project documentation e.g. Business Cases, Progress Reports etc.
Education / Certifications
- Finance, banking, accounting, business or risk management degree or qualification.
- Lean / Six Sigma qualification
- Qualified Project Manager
- 15+ years of experience in leading a change management function, leading business process transformation at least some of which is related to the introduction of new technology
- Ability to influence change and instigate process improvement
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to work proactively without supervision
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written in English and ideally one other business language, i.e. Arabic, French or Portuguese.
- Ability to speak in public and to senior stakeholders confidently
- Strong interpersonal skills to ensure effective interactions with all levels in the business