Jr. Database Administrator (Oracle/SQL)
- Manama, Capital Governorate, Bahrain
- Permanent, Full time
- Arab Banking Corporation
- 14 Feb 19
Scope of the Job
The holder of this position is responsible for the following tasks:
- Strong architecture knowledge in Oracle and SQL server database.
- Primarily responsible for Oracle/SQL Server database availability across 24/7 *365 days.
- Should be able to manage and administer Oracle/SQL Server databases running on production and development environment.
- Manage the database alert, trace log, error log and proactively monitor DB any abnormalities.
- Knowledge on Performance management of database through AWR, ADDM, SQL Profiler and monitoring tools.
- Knowledge on Database High Availability services like Oracle RAC, Oracle Clusterware, SQL Always ON.
- Database Replication service like ODG, ADG, Log shipping, Always ON and database mirroring.
- Should perform the database backup and restore as on required.
- Managing database space, user profile, privilege, connection, temp space, waits, locks
- Managing security, permissions of server roles and database roles.
- Database backups utilities such as RMAN, expdp/impdp and other utilities, SQL server backup/restore mechanisms.
- Monitor/administer the datafile size, tablespace growth and file system size related issues to Database.
- Applying latest releases of RDBMS patches from Oracle on Production and Test instance to resolve application issues.
- Should be able to create DB user accounts and grants/revoke with appropriate privileges as per bank standard/security policies.
- Must be able to perform day to day DBA tasks and operational procedures provided by the team.
- Periodically update and maintain DBA checklist and operational procedures.
- Should be able to manage and resolve sync gap issues on Database replication between primary and DRC center.
- Added advantage if working on banking domain and exposure on banking applications.
- Should have basic working knowledge on operating system such as Solaris, Linux, Windows etc.,
- Ability to report to escalate potential/proactive database issues to Shift leader or Head of the department.
- Should be able to work as a team and rotational shifts.
Areas of Knowledge / Experience
- DBA experience in Oracle and SQL Server Databases
- Working Knowledge on standard Banking Applications.
- IT Certifications in Oracle / SQL Server
- Knowledge on Control-M is added advantage
- Knowledge on Linux & Unix
- Non-IT certifications PMP, ITIL is plus.
- Minimum bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in Oracle and SQL Database Administration.