This position is responsible for planning, developing and implementing all aspects of BABC Group’s voice and data communications networks. The role involves preparing low-level design, installation and maintenance of network infrastructure to support Group Information systems. The role also involves close collaboration with Group Head of IT Infrastructure to develop strategic plans to ensure that the Group’s long term telecommunications needs are identified and met. Responsibility also includes developing and implementing network standards and discipline in critical applications and network configurations.
Coordination with other IT staff to demonstrate and deploy new core network associated technologies across BABC Group. Prepares activity and progress reports for GHITI review.
Principal Responsibilities, Accountabilities and Deliverables of Role:
Core responsibilities include:
- Proactively monitor the Group’s global communications (GMPLS) infrastructure and ensure minimal interruption.
- Monitor and administer the bank’s Local Area Network (LAN)
- Administer and secure bank’s Wireless Network
- Administer and manage the bank’s IP Telephony & video conferencing setup.
- Configure, maintain and administer cloud network technologies in AWS and/or Azure.
- Manage and support global remote access and site-to-site Virtual Private Network (VPN)
- Manage and administer bank’s Firewall, including upgrades, reviewing rules and deploying patches.
- Operational Management of Internet and Intranet services
- Install, configure, integrate, upgrade and troubleshoot bank’s global network routers, local switches and general network infrastructure.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose network issues swiftly and provide root cause analysis.
- Prepare network design/architecture for new Group offices globally and assist in procuring and implementing recommended network infrastructure.
- Provide adequate guidance to Network resources in Group offices with implementing security baselines and hardening Network devices.
- Proactively monitor network infrastructure to enhance performance and report any issues to Group Head of IT Infrastructure.
- Respond and address audit comments in a timely manner. Assist Group offices in addressing comments related to their local Network Infrastructure.
- Actively participate in the bank’s global Disaster Recovery test and provide Network topology recommendations to ensure smooth transition of bank services to DR systems.
- Prepare technical and user documentation for new network technologies once deployed.
- Provide technical assistance and support to Group IT staff & local IT teams.
- Liaise with vendors for communication/configuration, failures and updates on Network Infrastructure.
As the asset administrator of Network devices:
- Participate in the procurement of network devices and associated software licenses by forming procurement strategies for technologies spend across the organization
- Administer network assets and Software License Database through the implemented Asset Management tool – Hardware and Software to include licenses, warranties, maintenance contracts, and vendor agreement.
- Manage asset disposal tasks in line with corporate asset policies.
- Ensure licenses are compliant with vendor usage specifications.
Other accountabilities include:
- Project manage Network & Communication projects from project inception to closure and ensure project delivery within allocated budget and stipulated timeframes.
- Prepare RFPs, bid proposals, contracts, scope of work reports, and other documentation for IT projects and associated efforts.
- Test network performance and provide network performance statistics and reports.
- Develop technical standards documentation including operational procedures.
- Ensure 24x7 network availability and ensure minimal outages.
- Test and deploy new networking technologies adopted by the bank.
- Perform other miscellaneous technical duties as assigned by GHITI.
- Provide system availability, capacity utilization and other maintenance reports to GHITI periodically.
- Ensure highest levels of service delivery to all stakeholders and internal users.
- Excellent knowledge of current protocols and standards, including Cloud network technologies, core switching/routing, SSL/IPsec, Firewalls, IPS, SAN, Virtualization, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery.
- General understanding of Active Directory, banking applications and database functions.
Education / Certifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or Engineering with – 5 to 7 years’ experience in IT Network related spheres preferably in a financial institution.
- Advanced CISCO certification is mandatory.
- AWS Certification in Networking desired.
- Certification in IP Telephony, firewall administration & management is desired
- 6 to 8 years’ hands on experience in managing and configuring enterprise-wide LAN, WAN, WLAN, VPN, IP Telephony, Firewalls, IPS, Proxy etc.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret complex technical procedures, maintenance contracts and proposals.
- The candidate should have the ability to work in a diversified environment, excellent communication skills (oral/written), ability to be a team player, ability to follow instructions of senior management.
- Good understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives.
- Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment and make sound decisions in emergency situations.
- Ability to present ideas in a user-friendly language.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.