- Competitive package
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- ISS - Institutional Shareholder Services
- 22 Sep 17
ISS is immediately looking for a motivated accountant to join the team in Brussels.The role will be in support of the EMEA Controller and its responsibilities will cover ISS operations in Belgium, France and Sweden.
Why work for ISS?
For more than 30 years now, Institutional Shareholder Services Inc. (ISS) has been the world’s leading provider of corporate governance and responsible investment solutions for asset owners, asset managers, hedge funds, and asset service providers. Institutional clients turn to us to apply their corporate governance views, identify environmental, social and governance risks, and manage their complete proxy voting needs on a global basis.
ISS is a global company, with more than 900 employees spread across 18 offices in 13 countries. A career in ISS gives you international experience in working with market-leading experts that enable investors to incorporate corporate governance & responsible investment in their policies and practices.
The ISS Way
At ISS, our values are not as much imposed as they are inspired. We talk about ideals in terms of how it brings our people together in a culture that upholds the interests of our colleagues, shareholders and clients. Everyone at ISS is a champion of Integrity, Collaboration, Empowerment, Flexibility, Diversity and Client Service. When you join ISS, you are expected to exemplify these Values through your actions and aspirations in the workplace.
ISS is looking for a motivated finance professional to join the team in Brussels. This role comprises many aspects of business finance, including the performance of monthly financial close duties, general accounting, cash management and assistance with statutory financial statements preparation. The role will be in support of the EMEA Controller and its responsibilities will cover ISS operations in Belgium, France and Sweden.
- Operations of the regional bank accounts, liaison with external banks, treasury management and administration, short term cash forecasting.
- Completing the monthly accounting close process for 3 EMEA entities in Belgium, France and Sweden, including payroll accounting, general accruals and prepayments and other aspects of the financial close process.
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and yearly financial reporting data for the EMEA region for inclusion in the consolidated financial reporting package.
- Assistance with preparation of the financial statements of the Belgian, French and Swedish companies for external audit.
- Other general accounting responsibilities and finance projects as required.
- A bachelor in accounting or an accounting qualification obtained from a recognized professional accounting organization.
- A knowledge of French tax/accounting regulations will be an asset.
- 2-5 years’ experience spent either in audit or in a relevant accounting role, preferably within an international environment.
- Strong analytical and multitasking skills.
- Extremely well organized, with a detail oriented approach and hard-working.
- Excellent language and communication skills, particularly in English and French.
- Excellent Excel skills in addition to experience of accounting ERP systems.
Interested in this great opportunity?
Applicants should apply online at https://jobs-international-issgovernance.icims.com/jobs/1358/emea-accountant/job https://jobs-international-issgovernance.icims.com/jobs/1358/emea-accountant/job by sending a cover letter along with a CV in English. Applications without a cover letter won’t be taken into consideration!
Please note that due to the great number of applications we receive, we can only respond to selected candidates.
To all recruitment agencies: ISS does not accept unsolicited CVs/Resumes. Please do not forward CVs/Resumes to any ISS employee, location or website. ISS is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited CVs/Resumes.