Anti Money Laundering Advisor
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Mar 18 2018-03-22
Anti Money Laundering Advisor
Associated Compliance Officer
Anti Money Laundering (AML) Advisor
[Belgium, full time]
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centered around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay one step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!
Would you like to work for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Are sustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your NDA? Do you want to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way of working? (click on link to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcB0ZKWAPA0 ) Then continue reading because ING might very well be your future employer.
Your role & work environment
As an Associated Compliance Officer - AML Advisor you supervise the correct application of (inter) national and internal Compliance regulations, you are responsible for the preventive combating of money laundering and financing of terrorism and you are involved in the implementation and execution of the annual monitoring plan.
You work in a challenging and international environment with cross border contacts, bankwide stakeholders and you discuss with all levels of the organization. Your area of responsibility is ING Belgium.
The Operational & Compliance Risk department is located in SMW in Brussels.
You will join a team of 12 employees who are part of the MLRO team that reports to the Money Laundering Reporting Officer..
Your key responsibilities
- Screening, analysis and decision making on the various activity domains such as Customer Acceptance, Pre-transactions screening and Customer Activity Monitoring and reporting to internal and external stakeholders
- Analysing policies, laws, recommendations, ... and take the responsibility for the implementation in the processes
- Challenging the activities and processes in the different business lines in relation to AML guidelines
- Give assistance in training projects
- Act as representative in committees on group- and industry level
We are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a an Associated Compliance Officer - AML Advisor you will also need :
- Having a master degree legal (necessity)
- Being pro-active, pragmatic and interested in the new technologies and challenges for which the financial world stands (Fintech)
- Be able to take the lead in projects
- Having strong analytical skills
- Being capable to take correct decisions in an effective manner, to formulate them correctly an to defend your position
- Having good communication skills : written & oral
- Excellent knowledge of English and Dutch or French
We offer you
A challenging job with a lot of opportunities to develop your skills with growth opportunities within the Operational & Compliance department