Associate Operations specialist
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 19 Jul 18 2018-07-19
Associate Operations specialist
Associate Operations Specialist
Permanent position , Full time, Brussels - Marnix
Your role & work environment
Corporate Lending is part of Wholesale Banking department. We work in close collaboration with the Corporate clients team , Credit Risk Management, Account management, foreign ING branches and other product teams such as Syndication desk, Payment & Cash management (PCM); Financial Markets (FM); ...
Corporate Lending offers solutions for the financing needs of their clients, and is end to end responsible for the lending process. After the intake meeting with the client, the deal is analysed, structured and submitted to the Credit Risk Department. Once the decision is received, the documentation bilateral or syndicated is drafted and/or negotiated with the client or their legal counsels. Upon reception of the signed documentation the Lending department assures that the contract is correctly reflected in the systems and does the follow up / monitoring on the facility during the entire life cycle.
Within Corporate Lending (team of around 40 people), you will become part of the Product Specialist team responsible for all documentation related tasks (team of around 9 people). You will work in close collaboration with the Transaction & Advisory team of Corporate Lending (Brussels & Dublin) and assure a smooth handover to the Deal Execution team who is responsible to administer the facilities in the credit systems.
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Drafting of loan and securities documentation;
- Performing checks on external credit and security documentation (drafted by Lawyers) for our Corporate Clients in Belgium and our Nordic clients (for which the transaction management is located in Dublin);
- Gathering evidences that the "know your customer" requirements are fulfilled;
- Gathering ING signatories according to our Minimum Standards proxies;
- To verify that all conditions mentioned in the loan documentation are met and confirm this to the deal execution team. ( signatories of the client, perfection of covers...);
- Archiving of all original documents.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making ithappen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
If you have
- a Bachelor or Master degree
- a first Experience in Lending
- a good knowledge of English, French and Dutch (written and oral)
- good analytical skills and ability to deal with complexity
and you are
- flexible and eager to learn new things
- client oriented and proactive in looking for solutions and improvements
- able to work autonomously and capable of working towards deadline
- precise and have an eye for detail, with good writing skills
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- the possibility to participate in courses and trainings
- e.g. challenging projects & a steep learning curve
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!