- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- BNY Mellon
- 17 Mar 18 2018-03-17
The Audit Senior leads or performs audit related activities and works as a team member on audit assignments. Leads risk-focused fieldwork, in accordance with Internal Audit policies, methodologies, and standards in order to identify meaningful issues, risks and other exposures in the area of the company being audited. Draws on extensive experience and/or specialist skills (e.g. technology, advanced operational knowledge, modelling, or experience, etc.) to plan and deliver audits. Specialists (modellers, IT Audit, programming, Professional Practices, etc.) may have different specific requirements but all roles involve management and problem solving with little day-to-day oversight. Leads or performs audit related activities, manages others, and works as a team member on audit assignments, as required. Responsible for ensuring testing (or other tasks as applicable to a specialty) is adequately thorough and accurate to allow an evaluation of the adherence to company policies and procedures, audit methodologies, and all applicable regulations, when performing a project leader role.
• Tests financial, operational and other processes as per Audit plans and methodologies. Demonstrates understanding of businesses and processes through flowcharting, work papers, analysis, issue identification and discussions with project leaders and auditees on projects of varying complexity. If the role requires a specialism, the individual will work on projects of greater complexity that involve significant understanding of the regulatory regimes, business models and processes for each assignment. Leverages advanced business knowledge or experience in order to practice strategic or systemic results. Able to query business clients and colleagues in Audit to understand the underlying processes and procedures necessary to evaluate the control risks. Performs research independently and has adequate knowledge of statistical sampling and risk analysis to perform research with technical accuracy. Engages in Continuous Monitoring activities.
• Uses knowledge of financial institutions and all applicable regulatory requirements on a day to day basis. Engages in relevant training regarding audit, businesses, financial controls, regulations, or a particular specialty and actively seeks to apply this knowledge in their role and pass it on to the wider audit team. Thinks beyond past routines about new issues or risks. Proficient with statistical or modelling computing software if applicable. Demonstrates skills through advanced analysis of business processes and issue identification, as well as discussions with the project leader, audit manager, and auditees.
• Serves as an internal resource capable of a wide range of Audit issue and processes. Has built a deep understanding of core concepts in data analytics, relevant technology, the regulatory environment, the financial services industry, project management and business processes and can integrate these concepts into audit processes and leverage them to solve difficult problems.
• Develops relationships with the Audit Project Leader and/or audit management, other Audit associates, and clients. Able to clearly explain the audit process to clients (if appropriate), as well as any findings or results. Understands the sensitive nature of confidential information and uses it appropriately. Elevates potential audit issues to the AIC as soon as they are identified. Has demonstrated ability to explain technical/complex issues to non-technical audiences and is gaining skill in persuading and influencing others to adopt a new point of view.
• Applies advanced analytical problem-solving skills and leads others in solving complex issues and identifying innovative solutions. Finds effective solutions to problems involving specialism. In such cases, contributes technical or specialized skills sets or business knowledge not readily available elsewhere in the department to solve audit issues. Identifies inconsistencies with the control environment, regulatory requirements and best practices and initiates the development of a structure or solution to address the issue(s). Identifies opportunities for the use of automation and actively takes part in advancing recommendations for software support requests.
No direct reports. Demonstrates leadership through work guidance and training of less experienced peers and through advice to assigned clients. May lead others on discrete projects or mentor team members.
Job scope is limited to the accuracy and quality of incumbent's own work. Contributes to the achievement of team goals. May have project-level resource responsibilities (e.g., human resources, budgeting, etc.).
Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and work experience required. Degree in Accounting, Finance, or relevant critical thinking specialty such as MIS, DIS, Computer Science, Mathematics preferred.
• 5-7 years of total work experience preferred.
• Prior experience in Audit or the relevant specialty area preferred.
• Additional core skill requirements include understanding of the applied and interpretation of analytics results for Audit, critical thinking and problem solving.
• Experience in financial reporting, key financial processes and/or specialist skills in technology (e.g. ability to work with macro, data analytics, etc.) will be seen as a competitive advantage.
BNY Mellon is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Primary Location: Belgium-Brussels-Capital Region-Brussels
Internal Jobcode: 33380
Organization: Audit International-HR07989
Requisition Number: 1801465