Business Officer Zone Centre & South
ING Belgium Safe Business Officer Zone Center and South Permanent, Full time,Brussels Your role & work environment
KeepING Belgium's business safe so that we can show that to the regulators and theexternal world. Contribute to the integrity of ING products, services andemployees and compliance of ING towards the outside world.
You are a businesspartner in 1st line of Defence, part ofthe Agile Delivery & Client Services Organisation (tribes, squads, CustomerLoyalty Teams, centre of expertise ....) who fosters "Safe business" awareness toensure that risks of the business are under control. This entails that you manageproactively the full risk process from identification to mitigation. You ensurethat the number of non-financial risk items remains within the defined limit
As team memberof the Chapter Retail SBO you are in charge maintaining the non financial risk of the Zones Center and South at anacceptable level by the correct identification of the risk and by implementingthe correct mitigating actions where needed. Your key responsibilities
We look for
- create and maintain risk awareness by assessing the need for specific 1st line training to employees. Customize training to 1st line needs and set-up yearly NFR Training and Awareness Plan for the Zone. Give the training to the newcomers about Compliance topics and the refresh to the existing one. Communicate in the Zone via mail, risk flash, intranet in order to increase the risk awareness and the know how.
- help the Branches and the commercial staff by answering to the Compliance and risk questions.
- plan & prepare the Non Fianncial Risk Meeting of the Zone and apply/follow the decisions
- identify risk items in collaboration with stakeholders, based upon business knowledge of the end-to-end business processes ; provide evidence, document the risks and report. Be actively involved in discussions with regards to e.g. risk acceptance and actions how to mitigate the risk items
- provide analysis of Compliance issues to the 2d line
- report on the incidents the mitigating actions and the follow up of the files
- facilitate the implementation of risk governance, internal policies and procedures and external regulations in the Zones
- advise and assist with the implementation of new and updated nonfinancial risk policies, procedures and measures
- monitor the quality of the Enterprise Risk Management framework: by identifying key risks, performing and evidencing key control testing to eliminate the risk of financial losses or reputational damage
- be the contact person for 2nd Line of Defence
- be the contact person for Private Office (GDPR)
A colleague with a talent fortaking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to besuccessful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you striveto bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing andcomplex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens andinvests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quoand are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Safe Business OfficerZone you will also need:
- a Master (or equally by experience)
- an experience in the Retail commercialnetwork is a plus
- a good insight in the 10 Non-FinancialRisks of the Bank and how to manage them
- be able to manage a diverse set ofinitiatives across business lines and Lines of Defense
- good knowledge of the governance,structure and organization of the Bank
- fluent in French, Dutch & English,written and oral
- strong in decision making and analyticalskills
- able to plan, organize and workindependently
- able to address concerns through theimplementation of appropriate instructions
- excellent communication skills
- a dynamic personality
- able to take initiative and flexible
- team player
- a strong resistance to stress andpressure
We offer you
A clearpurpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and otherbenefits:
Hiring Manager : Pierre Devogele Recruiter : Kristof Van der Auwera
- Personalgrowth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise yourambitions
- Aninformal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- Aprogressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead ofconvention
We redefine banking. What aboutyou?
There hasnever been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that'scentred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart,determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay astep ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!