- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 20 Apr 18 2018-04-20
[Full-time, Brussels - CSM/SMW]
Your role & working environment
As a Compliance Officer, you make an important contribution to the Bank's Accelerate Think Forward strategy by ensuring that our banking activities are carried out with the necessary integrity.
You will work within the central team of motivated Compliance colleagues in Brussels and oversee the second line of various banking activities within your area of attention. Your contribution will ensure that we, as a Bank, meet the expectations of both our clients and the regulators.
Your main responsibilities
Manage the compliance risks within your area of attention
- Identify the compliance risks
- Support the first line/business in seeking suitable control measures
- Carry out quality audits to ensure that risks are suitably covered
Provide advice and guidance on compliance risks
- Clarify compliance policies and procedures
- Offer efficient solutions for compliance risks in line with the Bank's digital strategy
- Set out the Bank's compliance risk appetite within your area of attention
Raise risk awareness within the Bank
- Support proactively and encourage the knowledge of and familiarity with risks among colleagues at the Bank
- Identify points of attention surrounding integrity
- Report any compliance risks established and the measures taken
What we are looking for
A colleague with a talent for taking something on and making it happen, an enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being one step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast-changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens to and invests in others to realise common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Compliance Officer, you must also have the following:
- A Master's degree or equivalent
- At least 3 years' experience within a financial institution. A previous role with experience in process and problem analyses is an asset, as is experience in approaching and following up projects and task planning. Experience in taking decisions within a more commercial environment can also serve as a good basis.
- We are looking for Compliance Officers for several areas of attention.
- You must be fluent in English and Dutch or French.
- You are focused on actions, diplomatic and a strong communicator. You look to the future and think outside the box. You are team-focused.
Our offer to you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits including:
- Personal growth and challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions.
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues who support your endeavours.
- A progressive and flexible way of working, where new ideas are valued.
- Participation in the Bank's various change projects and a steep learning curve
- The option to take part in compliance risk management courses and training sessions or personal development courses
- Working with a dynamic and experienced compliance team and cross-border compliance colleagues
We redefine banking. And what about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay one step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!