- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 17 Oct 17 2017-10-17
Credit Risk Analyst Corporate
Permanent contract, full time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
You will be part of a very dynamic & small team of 3 decision makers supported by 3 credit risk analysts whose role will consist of assisting the decision makers in a variety of activities (advisory, monitoring of the portfolio and development of thorough in depth technical expertise).
You will advise on a very wide variety of credit requests (product types, sectors, geographies) from our Corporate Clients in Belgium, Luxemburg and Switzerland.
Your key responsibilities
You will advise on credit requests :
- performing an in depth analysis on credit requests including a detailed analysis of the structure and credit risks, a thorough financial analysis & assessment of the business risk
- checking the compliance of the file versus the ING credit policy, processes and risk appetite
- motivating the result of his/her analysis in a written credit opinion and/or verbal recommendation in the respective credit committees
- advising on credit risk issues and negotiations with corporate clients
You will analyse and validate risk ratings, based on the ING internally developed Rating Models, and in comparison with external rating agencies
You will ensure a strict follow-up on parts of the Corporate portfolio (e.g. Financial Markets transactions and pro-active approach in case of violations/excesses)
You will develop one or more specific expertise skills within the credit field (specialised transactions, complicated credit products, specific internal systems, information sources, rating models, ...)
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Credit Decision Expert you will also need:
- Master or equivalent
- Previous experience in risk or a commercial function is a plus
- Solid analytical and decision making skills
- Strong ability to work under short term time pressure
- Perfect knowledge of Dutch, French and English (both written and verbally)
- Team player who ensures a continuous knowledge transfer
- Very good communication skills (verbally and written)
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
- the possibility to participate in many different courses and trainings
- challenging projects & a steep learning curve
- the diversity of internal contacts (with commercial as well as business support departments)
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!