Credit risk modeller
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- 23 Sep 18 2018-09-23
Credit risk modeller
Credit Risk Modeller
CDI, Full-Time, Brussels
Your role & work environment
ING Belgium is looking for a Credit Risk Modeller to develop statistical models as a basis on which to evaluate the various regulatory credit risk parameters at the bank. You will work in a dynamic environment at the forefront of new developments in the field of credit risk management with state-of-the-art modelling methods, tooling and data processing technologies.
Within the department of Financial risk, Risk Intelligence & Provisioning is - amongst others - responsible for the development, maintenance, validation and implementation of the regulatory credit risk models. Next to the modelling itself, you will also act as point of contact regarding the models between the various affected business lines and with the sections responsible for Modelling, Validation & Implementation at Group level. From time to time, you will also have contact with the regulator and other external revisors and you will get the opportunity to discuss and defend your developed models.
Your key responsibilities
• You develop and monitor predictive risk models such as the regulatory models (PD, EAD, LGD) as well as models compliant with IFRS 9 Standards
• You collect the data required for the development and monitoring of these statistical models. As the models are used for regulatory purposes, you will always keep in mind the importance of data quality and documentation of all you do.
You will conduct ad-hoc credit risk analysis on the portfolios for which we develop models, as you are part of Risk Intelligence team where an in-depth knowledge of the portfolio is an considered as vital.
• You are responsible for the models that you develop, and for providing support to users (credit analysts, branches, etc.).
You might have to align with other entities within ING Group, or to answer to regulatory authorities.
• You are not only a specialist, but must also have an open mind and show an interest in domains beyond your own specialist field. You will, after all, have to be able to evaluate the impact of the models on the bank when using the calculations, as well as the impact of the changing market circumstances on the outcome of the models.
We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a step ahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Risk Modeller you will also need:
• A university degree in mathematics or economics with a strong focus on statistics/mathematics
• Experience in modelling, data processing and/or credit risk is a plus
• Experience with SAS is a plus
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of the national languages (Dutch/French) is an asset.
• An analytical mind, geared towards problem solving and able of critical thinking. Pro-activity is key.
• Good communication and team player skills.
We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
• Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
• An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
• A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within the Risk Intelligence and Provisioning department, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
• Challenging projects at the forefront of the new regulations
• Opportunities to work on (advanced) analytical projects and diverse training opportunities in hard and soft skills
• Broaden your scope within the department of Financial risk
We redefine banking. What about you?
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!