Data Analyst CAM
- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium
- Permanent, Full time
- 25 May 19
Data Analyst CAM
Weredefine banking. What about you?
There has never beena more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centeredaround our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people.Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in lifeand in business. We're proud of that!
Would you like towork for a bank where honesty, integrity and responsibility are valued? Aresustainability, caring for others and thinking ahead part of your DNA? Do youwant to make the difference for our customers thanks to our agile way ofworking ? (click onlink to see the video https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaV-d7eKWFc ) Then read what comes because INGmight very well become your future employer.
Yourrole & work environment
As a Data Analyst atING, you will play a crucial delivery role in the data-driven culture, supportingour Customer Activity Monitoring Team.
More than 140politicians from 50 countries got a shock in 2015 when the Panama Papers cameto light, and criminal activities hit the headlines again in 2017 when theParadise Papers were leaked. It has come to public attention more than once inrecent years how much money laundering goes on. It is a multi-billion-dollarindustry with large international structures that needs to be stopped.
Are you up for it?
You will beresponsible for delivering valuable insights. You will devise the most effectiveways to detect criminal behavior within legal framework. You will use allpossible relevant data, from both inside and outside the bank, to trace moneylaundering and terrorist financing. Your day-to-day job will consist of theexploitation / analysis of data, resulting in different types of outputs,ranging from strategic studies, data process improvements to the moreoperational delivery such as post-transaction monitoring.
As a Data Analyst,you will be part of an Agile environment by being a member of amultidisciplinary team of dedicated specialists. Your team consists ofcolleagues with a background in FEC, IT and data analysis. The team as a wholeis responsible for the establishment and continuous improvement ofpost-transaction monitoring.
- Generate, analyse and present data analyses in the fieldof Customer Activity Monitoring (CAM)
- Take part in the continuous monitoring, evaluation andimprovement of post-transaction monitoring
- Management of databases, data collection systems, dataanalytics and other strategies that optimize data quality
- Identify, analyse, and interpret trends or patterns in complexdata sets using SQL, SAS, Cognos ...
- Communicate these recommendations to the stakeholders usingboth analytical and business jargon when appropriate (written and oral)
- Work with the product owner to prioritize business andinformation needs, and accordingly translate them into an analytical approach
- Provide data / analytical support for the stakeholders'actions
We arelooking for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen, enthusiasm for helping others to be successful and a knack for always being a stepahead. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embracechallenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturallycollaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals.You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creativesolutions to problems.
- Take ownership on tasks assigned: you will be cultivating analytics within the bank
- Be analytical: extremely curious, constantly looking for an explanation; analyzing sharply, concise & to the point
- Have an eye for detail, and you are very precise, critical and decisive .
- Be able to influence and convince not only peers but also the stakeholders based on analytical results
- Be capable to take decisions at tactical level and therefore build a trusted relationship with your squad members
- Be a team player
- Able to cope with stress and flexible
- Master's degree in Mathematics, Economics, Computer Science, Information Management, Statistics or alike, and/or equivalent experience of 1 to 3 years within data reporting & statistics
- Experience with tools and techniques such as SAS, Cognos, SQL are a plus; an interest in these tools is a must
- Good knowledge of English, and either Dutch or French
A brand new positionin a bank empowering people to develop their skills and an exciting challengefor people with an entrepreneurial attitude.
The possibility todevelop your skills thanks to the expertise of our international teams, and ourknowledge sharing culture.