What makes Cognizant a unique place to work? The combination of rapid growth and an international and innovative environment! This is creating many opportunities for people like YOU - people with an entrepreneurial spirit who want to make a difference in this world.
At Cognizant, together with your colleagues from all around the world, you will collaborate on creating solutions for the world's leading companies and help them become more flexible, more innovative and successful. Moreover, this is your chance to be part of the success story: we are looking for a Data Scientist
to join our Artificial Intelligence and analytics Team. About Cognizant Digital Business
We help our customers leverage Artificial Intelligence and analytics in building technology solutions to improve the quality of human life. We are the market leaders in the data and analytic space with 22,000+ information & data management, AI and analytics professional helping more than 650+ customers across the globe to build and run intelligent businesses, using an AI-first, human-centric, platform driven and design thinking approach
More information? Please visit https://be.cognizant.com/sites/cognizant-digital-business/SitePage/285308/cognizant-digital-business-onecdb About role
Develop and scale approaches for extracting patterns and correlations from both internal and external data sources using machine learning toolkits. Work in an Agile, collaborative environment, partnering with other scientists, engineers, consultants and database administrators of all backgrounds and disciplines to bring analytical rigor and statistical methods to the challenges of predicting behaviors. Distil insights from complex data, communicating findings to technical and non-technical audiences. Develop, improve, or expand in-house computational pipelines, algorithms, models, and services used in crop product development. Constantly document and communicate results of research on data mining, analysis, and modelling approaches. Our ideal candidate (Key Skills & Experience)
- Primary Skills (Must have) Advanced Degree in Mathematics, Physics, Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics, or an equivalent discipline required
- 5 + years of Experience in developing models and algorithms in a commercial environment
- Expertise in multivariate statistical modelling (e.g. clustering, regression, principal components and factor analysis, time-series forecasting, Bayesian methods) and
- Experience with cloud computing platforms (AWS, GCP or other), or equivalent on-premise platform
- Expertise in Big data framework like Hive / SPARK / Hadoop.
- Experience in Version Control software (bit bucket/ Github)
- Proficient with relational databases and SQL
- Demonstrated experience developing and executing machine learning, deep learning, data mining and classification models.
- Ability to simultaneously coordinate and track multiple deliverables, tasks and dependencies across multiple stakeholders / business areas
- Creative, innovative, and strategic thinking; willingness to be bold and take risks on new ideas.
- Experience with Forecasting/Prediction modelling and Recommender System.
What you can expect
- Experience working in the ecommerce domain
- Experience of CPG industry
- Expertise in machine learning (Random Forest, KNN, SVM, boosting and bagging, regularization etc.)
- Experience with neural networks and deep learning, using frameworks such as TensorFlow, PyTorch, Scikit Learn, etc.
- Become part of a the 'flag ship' success story
- Mediator: able to guide the team in adopting the architecture vision and software design principles;
- Negotiation: being able to negotiate trade-offs between non-functional requirements
- Being able to act as a mature sparring partner with the Solution Architect.
- Open, 'can do' team spirit
- Environment where you can make your own ideas reality & Drive your own career