Type of Contract Permanent contract - Business Unit ESG - Location Brussels or Paris
There is growing awareness for and enormous momentum building in Sustainable and Responsible Investing (SRI) strategies that incorporate environmental, social and corporate governance (ESG) factors into the investment processes. Candriam Investors Group is a pioneer and one of European leading companies in SRI with a growing footprint in North America and Asia. The company currently manages over $ billion in ESG strategies offering one of the broadest ranges of ESG strategies and services across all asset classes and geographic regions.
Candriam is fully committed to further expand its ESG capabilities because we strongly believe that a company’s long term value, investment opportunities and risks cannot be fully captured by traditional financial analysis. Candriam’s SRI analysis team analyses corporate and country-based environmental, social and governance (ESG) opportunities and risk. Based on a rigorous and proprietary analysis framework, the 7 analysts scrutinize material sustainability factors and trends and build a universe of eligible companies (or countries) that apply best-in-class ESG practices and that ESG fund/portfolio managers integrate into the investment process.
As CANDRIAM’s ESG Analyst, your role will include:
- The analysis of the environmental, social and governance (ESG) strategy and performance as well as the management of relevant ESG risks and opportunities of companies based on Candriam's unique and proprietary sustainability analysis methodology;
- Engagement with companies on ESG topics;
- Contributing to the development and enhancement of Candriam’s sustainability analysis methodology in order to effectively integrate ESG analysis into the investment process across asset classes;
- Working collaboratively with your fellow analysts and financial managers to assess the materiality or financial impact of ESG factors on a company’s long-term value;
- Conducting research on ESG-related topics, identifying ESG trends and supporting ESG thought leadership research both internally and externally;
- Undertaking and publishing ESG articles and draft presentations (to service our international offices and clients) on Candriam's ESG process or bespoke thematic issues.
The ideal applicant:
- Holds a Master degree (or equivalent) in economics, finance, engineering, (environmental) sciences… ; advanced degree in related field (CFA, …) is an advantage.
- Has a strong understanding of ESG topics and their relevance for valuation;
- 3 years of experience in ESG research & analysis; prior experience in ESG sector Analysis;
- has strong knowledge of financial markets analysis, valuation and, particularly, interested in ESG-related issues;
- Passionate about environmental, social and governance issues;
- has strong writing and communication skills;
- has strong analytical skills with excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel, Word and PowerPoint);
- is showing an aptitude for working with and manipulating data for analysis;
- is a team player and problem solver;
- Native speaker English or Dutch (and highly proficient in French) or French (and highly proficient in English);