Feature Engineer / Ingénieur Security as a Service (H/F)
Feature Engineer Security as a Service Permanent contract, Full Time, Cours St. Michel, Etterbeek, Brussels Your role & work environment
The feature engineer is a key player in the cooperation between IT and Business stakeholders. You drive to make complex changes happen within and across Tribes. Your holistic view as well as your knowledge of both Business and IT are crucial in the translation of business requirements in a sequence that delivers customer value as early as possible. You define and align the roadmaps between squads - from same or different Tribes - and other parts of the organization and thoroughly manage dependencies.
Facilities Management is embarking on a strategic journey to change the way that we manage our security services in order to align with the fast pace of change and the requirement for agility. We see Security as a Service as being a key enabler for our working environment. Your key responsibilities
Define implementation roadmaps (planning, co-ordination, dependencies management)
• From a strategic business & IT context point of view, you deliver more detailed implementation roadmaps. You can slice and refine these roadmaps to the level of concrete tasks to be picked up by the squads.
• You identify and manage risks and potential issues and offer improvements across squads.
• Together with relevant stakeholders (Architects, Epic Owners, Product Owners), you manage the priority of features with a strong MVP (Minimum Viable Product) mindset. You assign the features (and underlying user stories) to the relevant squads and lead the accurate feature definition and estimation.
Define IT blueprints
• You are able to translate new product / service needs into an IT blueprint and are able to grasp business opportunities from new technology solutions. You think and act globally.
• You develop features in an interactive way along the lines of the implementation roadmap and IT blue prints
• You follow the security market and know what is going on, both inside and outside ING. From your understanding of the latest developments in the Business and Technology, you propose structural improvements aimed at moving your domain - processes and applications - closer to target solutions to offer an industry-leading customer experience and service
Making things happen by collaboration
• You are comfortable with collaboration and reaching out across Tribes and functional borders and serve as liaison when needed. You easily connect and align stakeholders within all levels of the ING organization, from IT Lead to IT engineer and from Tribe Lead to internal ING user, all with the ING customer journey in mind.
• You are able to implement changes in an end-to-end context covering all functional and non-functional aspects in close collaboration with multiple teams.
• You demonstrate understanding of IT concepts and have significant knowledge of the IT landscape and (new) technologies. You guide and challenge the development engineers when making implementation choices. We look for
A colleague with a talent for taking it on and making it happen,
enthusiasm for helping others to be successful
and a knack for always being a step ahead
. In other words, you strive to bring fresh ideas to life and embrace challenges in a fast changing and complex environment. You are a naturally collaborative person who listens and invests in others to achieve common goals. You love to challenge the status quo and are eager to propose creative solutions to problems.
As a Feature Engineer you will also need:
• Problem solving skills to find creative ways of driving progress and removing impediments
• Significant knowledge of the landscape and players in the domain of physical and personal security
• 3 Years of experience in IT as a project manager/functional analyst/architect etc.
• Experience working in a complex and challenging IT environment
• Experience with agile way of working
• A team player with a 'make it happen' mentality, eager to learn and ability to coach others
• Good communication skills (in English), strong communication and presentation skills (telling - selling) across different skill and seniority levels We offer you
A clear purpose, a unique offer and a range of flexible compensation and other benefits:
- Personal growth & challenging work with endless opportunities to realise your ambitions
- An informal, dynamic environment with innovative colleagues supporting your endeavours
- A progressive and agile way of working, where new ideas are valued ahead of convention
Furthermore, within Document and Content Services, you can count on a range of opportunities to invest in your personal and professional growth with:
We redefine banking. What about you?
- the possibility to develop your skills in a complex and challenging environment
- a multi-cultural team with whom you can exchange and learn
- personal coaching from your Chapter Lead and peers
There has never been a more interesting time to work at ING. We're on a journey that's centred around our customers, powered by technology and driven by smart, determined people. Our customers feel our people are empowering them to stay a step ahead in life and in business. We're proud of that!