- Brussels, Bruxelles-Capitale, Belgium Brussels Bruxelles-Capitale BE
- Permanent, Full time
- National Bank of Belgium
- 17 Jul 18 2018-07-17
The National Bank of Belgium (NBB) requires a financial analyst (F/M) for its Prudential Supervision Unit.
This unit is responsible for the supervision of more than a hundred credit institutions and stockbroking firms with a variety of sizes, activities and risk profiles. This Service ensures that individual institutions exercise their business activities and control their financial risks in a sound and safe manner and in accordance with regulation in force.
Within the Prudential Supervision Service, the analyst will be assigned responsibilities with regard to one or more institutions, within a multidisciplinary and even international team, in the case of joint supervision with the European Central Bank (ECB) within the scope of the European Single Supervisory Mechanism (SSM).
He will monitor financial institutions’ compliance with the prudential regulations. Moreover, he will analyse and report back on the risks and financial soundness of the financial institutions and the financial sector. He may also be asked to work on developing regulations and supervisory policies for the financial sector.
- hold a Master's degree or PhD in Applied Economic Sciences or Business Engineering, or have equivalent experience
- have experience with banking regulations, financial products and/or accounting principles (including IFRS), or be willing to thoroughly familiarise themselves with these areas
- have analytical skills and a sense of synthesis
- possess good verbal and written communication skills
- be assertive and possess reasoning and persuasion skills
- be able to work independently, but also willing to work as part of a team in a multidisciplinary environment
- willing to work in an international context as well as being prepared to travel abroad (ECB)
- be functionally bilingual in Dutch and French and have good knowledge of English
- pay particular attention to professional standards and confidentiality.
- 22/07/2018: closing date for applications
- July/August 2018: online tests and interview
- August 2018: assessment
- September 2018: final selection interview.
Applications will only be considered if they are accompanied by a covering letter, a CV and a copy of the diploma(s) and the corresponding annexes (list of ECTS points if available). Foreign diplomas must be accompanied by an attestation of equivalence.